Spooks Forum
Best Episode of Season 9? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Best Episode of Season 9? (/thread-1338.html)

Best Episode of Season 9? - nothingisasitseems - 09-11-2010 01:28 PM

Rate the episodes of S9. in order of favourite to least favourite.
If there is enough of a response then I will tabulate them and see what the Forum's fav one is.

Mine:

01 #6
02 #1
03 #4
04 #3
05 #8
06 #5
07 #2
08 #7

E6 was far and away my fav - it was a throwback to the Spooks of bygone eras with the team all working together on the Grid, the re-appearance of Malcolm, great performances from both the regulars and guests and tension right through the whole show plus the realisation that Lucas WAS dirty.

RE: Best Episode of Season 9? - HellsBells - 09-11-2010 02:34 PM

Okay mine are:
Most Favourite

Loved 9.6. The team together, working on saving the President. No John Bateman nonsense getting in the way, and Harry's praise of Lucas at the end, 'Important work today, Lucas'.

RE: Best Episode of Season 9? - BravoNine - 09-11-2010 03:32 PM

My list is this:
#1- 9.1
#2- 9.6
#3- 9.5
#4- 9.2
#5- 9.3
#6- 9.4
#7- 9.7
#8- 9.8

Episode 1 was my favorite because it was before all this Lucas/Vaughn/Maya thing ever started. This was the team doing the jobs they were chosen for, this was Lucas stepping into the role of the leader and taking care of his people. This was the way the team should have been!

Episode 6 came as my second favorite because despite the cloud of the dreadful Lucas/Vaughn/Maya storyline, this was true Spooks to its core! It was the first time this series I saw this new team operating like a true team! I love seeing them all working together with the Grid on lockdown and Lucas out there on his own trying to survive and do his job! It did hit all the right notes in terms of the teamwork of our beloved Spooks team!

Episode 5 also had the lucky chance to escape the hideous mess of Lucas's life storylines, and it came as my number 3 favorite because once again it was the team operating the way it should be, trusting each other, doing their jobs, and saving the day! Lucas was the leader they needed him to be, he came through, the team came through, and day was saved!

Episode 7 and 8 while are the most amazing in terms of acting performances and excitement level no doubt, were a mess of epic proportions to me. This is where Lucas's character went completely downhill and destroyed everything I've ever believed in Spooks. So yes, these two episodes will stay on the low end of this list.

RE: Best Episode of Season 9? - Tea Lady - 09-11-2010 06:44 PM

A little tricky as there was not one episode that I hated (as opposed to series 8) and I liked probably the first four episodes equally. Anyway:

1 - 9.1
2 - 9.6
3 - 9.3
4 - 9.7
5 - 9.2
6 - 9.8
7 - 9.4
8 - 9.5

RE: Best Episode of Season 9? - loladom - 10-11-2010 12:23 AM

Episode 6 - Grid lock down due to the sheer 'spookiness' of it all.As posted above how they all worked together as a team, threw some techy, clever sounding stuff in. Loved how that panned out. I also loved Harry's attitude the most here, when he yanked the cord out of the PC and then at the end on the phone when he walked in. Cockiness to perfection.

RE: Best Episode of Season 9? - lwhite53 - 10-11-2010 04:24 AM

Ep 6, without doubt, followed closely by ep 1.

RE: Best Episode of Season 9? - Kirayuki - 14-11-2010 05:50 PM

I might revise this later tonight so don't tab it up just yet if you are doing... Need to take another quick look at them all to make sure i remember which one's which properly. Tongue

1 = 9.8
2 = 9.4
3 = 9.1
4 = 9.6
5 = 9.7
6 = 9.3
7 = 9.5
8 = 9.2

Will give my reasoning when i've made sure it's correct.

(When i've tested it this post will be updated so you'll know when).