Spooks Forum
Audiences for Spooks - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Audiences for Spooks (/thread-1388.html)

Audiences for Spooks - alexhunt - 24-11-2010 10:57 AM

Could anyone tell me what a typical audience member of Spooks would be like?

Do you think they would have similar interests and hobbies?

What other T.v dramas would they enjoy watching?

RE: Audiences for Spooks - Kazters - 24-11-2010 11:19 AM

its much the same as any program, i i have found that a ot of people who like spooks like other programs by Kudos i.e. Life on mars and Ashes to ashes. a few like the west wing.

I dont think there is an average fan though or average audience member, i know people who only really watch soaps who like spooks and those who only watch plays and things who like it.

seems to be a program that spans all generas (SP)

RE: Audiences for Spooks - Byatil - 24-11-2010 08:39 PM

Well I know that I am a big fan of Life On Mars/Ashes To Ashes, as well as Doctor Who... and it seems quite a few others here are too.

I think Spooks appeals to a fantasy/drama audience. It's exciting, (usually) intelligent, compelling, has brilliant actors and a consistent plot.

RE: Audiences for Spooks - watchstrap - 25-11-2010 03:42 PM

I have noticed that women I know that are really into shows like X-Factor, Desparate Housewives, buy a lot of Leona Lewis albums, etc, DON'T watch it. In fact they look sort of blank when I ask if they do - weirdos! Smile

RE: Audiences for Spooks - Kirayuki - 25-11-2010 04:21 PM

I also seem to find... to be blunt... that a lot of more intellectually minded people watch the show than not.

Agree with the who other Kudos shows thing... and Doctor who. (It might have something to do with the cross-section of watchers who like online forums though. So we are all probably sort of biased in favour of our own group specific here i'm afraid).

RE: Audiences for Spooks - loladom - 01-12-2010 05:16 PM

I love Spooks, political/espionage thrillers etc. Dislike Doctor Who and especially David Tennant. Loath sci-fi and horror. Don't mind xfactor and desp hw for light entertainment.....so not sure what that says about the above theories on target audience...
Spooks is undeniably intelligent viewing though and requires more than one watch to pick up on the plot and all the added subtleties.

RE: Audiences for Spooks - BravoNine - 01-12-2010 05:32 PM

I watch for characters, so if I'm drawn into a character, I will watch a show, the genre doesn't really matter.

I got into Spooks because of Lucas, I got into Doctor Who because of David Tennant's Doctor, I got into Merlin because of the relationship of Arthur/Merlin, and the list goes on. I put the character first before the genre.

I do love political/spy/sci-fi shows, I am one of those sci-fi geeks, but it's still about the characters.

Spooks is very much intelligent for the most part, so I do think level of intelligence and interest in the genre is part of the Spooks audience.

RE: Audiences for Spooks - Kazters - 01-12-2010 07:35 PM

i think as well spooks encorages you to watch, it isnt like friends in the sense that you can dip in and out of it, you really need to watch each ep to get the plots and understand actions of charactors

RE: Audiences for Spooks - Byatil - 01-12-2010 11:00 PM

Yeah, Spooks is definitely a show which requires (and rather demands) your full attention. And usually you have to re-watch episodes in order to fully understand everything that's happening, because there are so many different plots, characters and concepts to keep up with.

RE: Audiences for Spooks - HellsBells - 02-12-2010 02:44 PM

I don't watch a great deal of TV, but Spooks is one of the few programmes I follow because, as BravoNine said is all about the characters, and whether they catch your imagination. The one thing I will not watch is reality TV.