Spooks Forum
Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 1 (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! (/thread-141.html)

Pages: 1 2

Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - Nitrus - 24-08-2009 11:29 AM

I loved Hugh Laurie's character in this series, it was fantastic... he came out with some of the best lines of the series.

What did you think of him?

RE: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - bertowud - 24-08-2009 02:14 PM

Jools was great. Hugh Laurie is great. Of course the first place I saw him was in House MD, so his English accent really threw me off. Since then I've seen some Laurie and Fry. Great stuff!

I love the implied history between Jools and Tom too.

RE: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - Silktie - 24-08-2009 04:05 PM

Loved Jools! Especially at the opera, when the lady complains about him texting during the performance and he asks her whether she's a Nazi. Hah! Also loved the interplay between Jools and Harry. Harry's face when Jools fished the manuscript out if his trousers was priceless.

RE: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - CarterReynolds - 24-08-2009 07:51 PM

(24-08-2009 04:05 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Loved Jools! Especially at the opera, when the lady complains about him texting during the performance and he asks her whether she's a Nazi. Hah! Also loved the interplay between Jools and Harry. Harry's face when Jools fished the manuscript out if his trousers was priceless.

Totally agree! I have a bit of a guilty pleasure crush on Hugh Laurie but more so as House than Jools!!! Great character tho!

RE: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - almh - 31-08-2009 07:07 PM

What happened to him? I've forgotten Sad He had some pretty amazing lines though Smile

RE: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - Nitrus - 31-08-2009 07:08 PM

(31-08-2009 07:07 PM)almh Wrote:  What happened to him? I've forgotten Sad He had some pretty amazing lines though Smile

He didn't have an on-screen exit.. he was just replaced by someone else in the next series.

RE: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - almh - 31-08-2009 07:09 PM

So that's why I couldn't remember him leaving! Awww, he really added a lot of humour to the show.

RE: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - Beatriz - 22-09-2009 07:32 PM

Hugh Laurie is great!! I think that he is very ironic in the real life as in his characters (well, I mean House and Jools)

Perhaps he left Spooks because he started filming House

RE: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - almh - 22-09-2009 07:35 PM

Oooh, that's a good idea.

RE: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - femaleBertieWooster - 06-12-2009 07:52 PM

Laurie definitely rules the roost in any scene he's in, and always has whatever the role. He was a breath of fresh air as Siviter (although I never would have remembered his name having only watched the episodes once.)

I had read all the Jeeves and Wooster books before they did that series and it could have been a nightmare, instead of the delight it was, had they not cast Laurie as Bertie (my favorite character in all of literature BTW.) All I could think was, "Where did they find him?"