Spooks Forum
Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 1 (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! (/thread-141.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - kirmostar - 26-12-2009 07:02 PM

I was a huge Hugh Laurie fan when I was a student. Loved all the Fry and Laurie shows - plus his turn as Prince Regent George in Blackadder 3 - classic!

RE: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - Moonlight - 27-12-2009 01:22 PM

Love, love love Jools; such a master of the one liner!
"And you brought little terrier Tom along with you, what a nice surprise... " master of condescension!!
dont think that the BBC could afford the wonderful Hugh Laurie for Spooks now he's such a success as House.. but did anyone else spot him in a walk on part in Victoria Wood's Xmas Special this year? he was a BBC production assistant or similar!

RE: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - Ghostmojo - 30-12-2009 08:29 PM

Do the people who write Spooks look in on this forum? And if so, then perhaps they take note of suggestions?

I know Hugh Laurie has become a big Hollywood star now, but perhaps he could be tempted back into making a cameo appearance in Spooks : Series 9? His MI6 character - Jools Siviter - was just perfect, especially in the obvious delight he took in the rivalries between the two secret services.

Bring back Bond's boss!!!Cool

RE: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - Beatriz - 30-12-2009 09:19 PM

I wish they did!! Tongue I'd love to see Jools Siviter coming back but I don't think he'll do, as you said Hugh Laurie is a big star, and I don't think they could afford him Sad

RE: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - lwhite53 - 30-12-2009 09:23 PM

He's also living in Los Angeles, at the moment -- would be a hell of a long commute.

RE: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - Ghostmojo - 03-01-2010 12:36 PM

He wouldn't need to commute. He could just come back for the few days needed to reprise his role in a handfull of episodes (in between breaks doing 'House' or whatever he's up to these days).

That kind of pompous old-boy thing we suffer from in this country might well be (thankfully) less pronounced these days, but it still provides an interesting underlying current in the culture - especially in those rarified circles of power.

RE: Jools Siviter - Fantastic! - lwhite53 - 04-01-2010 08:37 PM

Yeah, he did have that characterization down -- amazing display.