Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) (/thread-1474.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Nixie - 05-04-2011 10:02 AM

(05-04-2011 07:26 AM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  That's the kind of writing that's been missing in more recent series, and I really miss it.

Interestingly, the scriptwriter, Ben Richards, wrote 17 episodes from S2 to S8 (3 each in S3, 4, 5, 7 & 8, and 1 each in S2 & S6). Whereas in S9, 4 of the 6 scriptwriters were new to Spooks. Jonathan Brackley & Sam Vincent wrote 5 of the 8 episodes (in ep. 5 they were joined by Oliver Brown). This means they wrote 62.5% of the season, which is atypical for Spooks, where usually a particular writer or writing team write no more than 40% of a season (the exception being S1, where David Wolstencroft & Howard Brenton wrote 2 episodes each + one together). Another newcomer, Anthony Neilson wrote ep. 7. Ep. 2 was written by David Farr, who's written 8 episodes in S4-S9, and ep. 3 was written by Richard McBrien, who's written 3 episodes - 1 in each of S7, 8 & 9. In other words, only eps. 2 & 3 were written by scriptwriters who has previously written for Spooks.
I just thought that the above post probably should be somewhere else - I'm just not sure where! Sorry, mods.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - DogSoSmall - 10-05-2011 07:36 AM

I've been re-watching series 9 (again!) and thinking how much I like the stories of the week. They tended to get a bit overshadowed towards the end by other matters. One of my favourites was the episode 1 story, particularly because Harry was so very, very sexy when he took control and ordered the HofP defence system to be fired. There's something about the way he says "three, two, one - mark" which makes me go weak at the knees every time I watch it! Blush I was just wondering (in the absence of other matters to discuss at the moment) whether anyone else has any sexy-Harry moments they would like to share with the class? Silba

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Naivety - 10-05-2011 10:26 AM

The Harry moment you mention above is featured in this brilliant You Tube video by JulietD001:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2urwPKpQVI One of the sexiest Harry lines EVER, I agree.

My other favourite Harry moment is the Havensworth corridor, when Ruth in her madness walks away from him jabbering on about the pop music coming from the party! Crazy girl!

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Jackdaw - 10-05-2011 11:13 AM

I totally agree DogSoSmall. He does masterfull sexy very well. Infact the first time I really started to fancy Harry was in Season 2 Episode 8. Where he is talking to that army bloke sam curtis through a video link and he stands at the front and says "Ill talk to this bastard". And within a few minutes he verbally takes down the over confident curtis. And then later in the same episode when he says to Tom Quinn: "Never question my decisions".
So many favourite Harry moments.Blush

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - loladom - 10-05-2011 02:34 PM

We really could have a thread specifically for the sexy lines of HP. That would be something to keep us kindling over the summer.

I agree totally Dogsosmall about that 3-2-1- Mark moment. It's be great if we could get a list of them going.

Another one I recall is in S2 when Tom is about to go off the rails and he tells Ruth "Come.Now"

Yes Jackdaw, he does do masterful sexy very well. It is most certainly that air of power which makes a woman go weak!

I feel another viewing coming on just to find some more lines. Sad me

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Jackdaw - 10-05-2011 02:50 PM

Im liking the sound of this list idea Loladom. Can we do:
"Harrys top 10 (or 20) sexiest lines, (or best lines, or witty lines)".
AND
"Ruths top 10 (or 20) lines".

I already know what my number 1 for both would be. And it would give me an excuse to watch them all again. (I need to find an excuse cos family members are starting to worry).

Harrys number 1: "What do you want, my tongue down your throat?" (Yes please).Blush

Ruths number 1: "Buggar the home office." (It will remain a classic forever in my mind).Yahoo

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - harrbd - 10-05-2011 02:51 PM

Yes, I agree with the "masterful" and "power" but there are so many others ! His eyes, his humour, when he takes revenge (shooting Russian) but I may have to get the DVD's out again to find some specific examples !

I am so hoping that they don't destroy his character in 10.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - harrbd - 10-05-2011 02:51 PM

Walking along, taking his tie off so he can kill the guy following him in the clockroom and then , putting his tie back on !

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - DogSoSmall - 11-05-2011 01:30 AM

Ah yes, I agree with all of these. Shooting Arkady and the tie strangulation would be right up there on my list too (that sounds quite bad, doesn't it?). I also remember being very impressed with the way he handled the army officer situation. Masterful is the word. He does it better than anyone.

Jackdaw, when does Harry say that line about his tongue? Just curious Silba

Another of my favourite sexy bits - that little smile when he says "no such reluctance with you eh, Ruth?" when she's questioning his suspicion of the Home Sec and saying the others are reluctant to disagree with him.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Silktie - 11-05-2011 08:24 AM

Since we're busy with the re-watch of season 6, I'd add when he is challenging Home Secretary Blake on trying to have them assassinated in episode 6.9.
When he says the line: "But if ever I have cause to think that we are not friends anymore, you will have cause to learn exactly what kind of bastard I can be."

Yeah baby! And didn't he keep to his word...

He also looks mighty sexy when they're all crouched next to that taxi.

I also love it when he is yelling at Juliet at the start of 4.9, and then wipes the stuff Ruth just brought him off his table in fury.