Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) (/thread-1474.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - harrbd - 11-05-2011 09:02 AM

Agree with you all on the examples you quote. Also when he smashes the cassette with his gun in the scene with Adam and Malcolm.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Jackdaw - 11-05-2011 09:46 AM

DogSoSmall, That quote was from Season 1, Episode 4-Traitors Gate.

If only he could have just said it to Ruth and not Danny. We would all be very happy bunnies indeed.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - loladom - 11-05-2011 12:43 PM

Loving, loving, loving this. In the words of HP himself, "what do you think a psychologist would say" about us all finding him sexy and masterful whilst in the process of killing???Smile
True testimony to PF for the way he conveys Harry and enables fans to love him even during his more questionable moments. Very interesting.

Love these examples. I'd add one more when Juliet first returns and they are on the stairs outside. She's talking about how careless he was whilst trying to seduce her and he interjects "trying to seduce you?"

Keep 'em coming!

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - DogSoSmall - 11-05-2011 04:52 PM

(11-05-2011 08:24 AM)Silktie Wrote:  I also love it when he is yelling at Juliet at the start of 4.9, and then wipes the stuff Ruth just brought him off his table in fury.

And I love that Ruth just says "right" and walks out. Doesn't scuttle around picking everything up. Good girl!

Yes Lolodom, I think a psychologist would very definitely be pigeon-holing us all at this point!

I'm off to try and find series 1 on you tube!

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - A Cousin - 11-05-2011 05:10 PM

(11-05-2011 12:43 PM)loladom Wrote:  Loving, loving, loving this. In the words of HP himself, "what do you think a psychologist would say" about us all finding him sexy and masterful whilst in the process of killing???Smile

I don't know but it would probably be in Latin! Wink

(Couldn't resist.)

My favorite moments are when Harry is being brutally honest and intellectually sharp. Considering my nationality, I shouldn't love the moment when he calls the CIA bluff in 4.1 (4.2?) with the line about missing the Al Qeada operatives learning to fly and sunning themselves in Florida. But I do. Silba

I love the moment in 6.8 (I think) when he removes the man-hole cover to the water feed for the sprinkler system and turns the water to provide a diversion for Adam to get into the building where Ros is being held. There is just something about a manly-man doing a manly-man thing.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - harrbd - 11-05-2011 06:50 PM

Love those bits.

When he leaves hospital to save the team after being shot by Tom and when he is driving the Range Rover.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - harrbd - 11-05-2011 06:50 PM

At the Dogs with Wes and Adam and when he hugs Wes after Adam's death.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Tea Lady - 11-05-2011 07:07 PM

(11-05-2011 05:10 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I love the moment in 6.8 (I think) when he removes the man-hole cover to the water feed for the sprinkler system and turns the water to provide a diversion for Adam to get into the building where Ros is being held. There is just something about a manly-man doing a manly-man thing.

Oooh yes A Cousin. That jacket...Angel

My favourite manly-man moments are:

When he attacks Mace in 5.5. Harry's face! He's so angry. And then he is in handcuffs being taken away by the police.

Then there is the kicking the laptop moment in 8.1.

I also really love the moment he shouts "Ruth" and runs into the warehouse in 9.8.

Super Harry moments.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Silktie - 12-05-2011 06:22 AM

In 1.2 after Helen was killed, when he calls the politician a little shite and watches him leave, before saying "F*ck you, with bells on," and then does what the guy told him not to do.

In 2.4 when he returns his banker friend Dickie's belongings to him that the Russian mafia guy took.

In 3.5 when Ruth, Harry and Adam are talking in the corridor and Ruth tells them she thinks the rogue scientist had already received the money. Harry then asks her to follow up and she says yes, and he walks away asking "Is that a yes, or a maybe?"

In 3.8, when he drags politician John Sylvester across the room by his lapels and then forces him to write a letter to the PM.

In 3.9 riding on that police launch on the Thames.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - loladom - 12-05-2011 06:32 AM

(11-05-2011 07:07 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  [quote='A Cousin' pid='45633' dateline='1305133838']

Then there is the kicking the laptop moment in 8.1.

Oh yessssss, that moment is extra manly!