Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) (/thread-1474.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Agent Acme - 12-05-2011 06:51 PM

I would have to agree with you there A Cousin, Harry was really, really trying to build some bridges with Ruth, but, yet again to no avail.

I remember watching this episode when it first aired (and numerous times since, of course) this particular scene sticks with me as I commented out loud to the TV. " Aww bless him! Throw him a bone Ruth, for Gods sake!" He just looked so defeated at her response.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - harrbd - 12-05-2011 06:54 PM

DogSoSmall - well sumed up !

As we are now talking vulnerable - when Harry and Ruth are on the roof and she is telling him why she said "no" to marriage he looks so sad. He needed a hug from someone happy to live with him in a small cottage !

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - harrbd - 12-05-2011 06:54 PM

Can anyone tell me why my posts are being duplicated ?!

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - JHyde - 12-05-2011 10:25 PM

harrbd, you need to wait 30 seconds before posting again.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - loladom - 13-05-2011 03:22 AM

(12-05-2011 05:02 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  So, Harry is masterful, manly, protective, intelligent, powerful, cultured, gentle with children, brutal with baddies, witty, wears great clothes and has possibly the sexiest mouth on the planet (just had to throw that last one in!).

Good qualities. You don't often find them in one person. Wink

Lol. thanks DSS, just cleaning my computer screen. Perfectly delivered. You've clearly been taking lessons...

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - xRuthx - 25-05-2011 06:10 AM

(12-05-2011 03:39 PM)cateau1 Wrote:  Sexiest Harry look: when he's standing on a bridge as Ruth walks up to him and he smiles at her with half shut eyes and the sun in his eyes. Thud

I misread this as 'as Ruth wakes up to him... etc.' If only...

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - A Cousin - 25-05-2011 03:26 PM

I love the moment in 7.2 when Ros opens her hotel room door and Harry is leaning nonchalantly on the door-jamb. He is very rare casual moment for him.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Silktie - 25-05-2011 05:03 PM

Yeah, he's looking good in season 7 in general! He does look very sexy in that scene. I also found it funny how he was hanging over Malcolm's shoulder when they were sending the virus or whatever to the sub. I always wondered how poor Ruth could concentrate with Harry always leaning over her shoulder to read her monitor. It seems he's now moved on to doing that to poor Malcolm.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Tea Lady - 25-05-2011 07:19 PM

(25-05-2011 03:26 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I love the moment in 7.2 when Ros opens her hotel room door and Harry is leaning nonchalantly on the door-jamb. He is very rare casual moment for him.

I always wondered if Ros had sort of invited Harry to the hotel before hand. She didn't look that surprised that he turned up. He does look like he needs a drink badly though. Poor Harry has a terrible day at the office and he has no one to go home to and tell about it.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce - Return of the Jedi (#3) - Silktie - 20-07-2011 06:08 AM

A few thoughts based on the season 10 promo doing the rounds:

Series 10 promo Spoiler: show
I kind of hope that when Harry says that line we can hear in the promo "I don't know who I can trust anymore, and that includes myself" that it is linked to the events of season 9, rather than the secret from his past that will come out.
They have established the character of Harry in season 9 as having reached the stage where he is really feeling the weight of everything that's happened, so I don't want them to gloss over the events in season 9 in terms of his reaction to it. Will he feel guilt over what happened - both Lucas' death and the giving away of the state secret? I think he should, if they want to be consistent with the character development.