Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? (/thread-1502.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Forever Secret - 08-03-2011 04:47 PM

Couldn't have said it any better Silktie Wink
Also why are relationships like Ros/Adam, Lucas/Sarah ect, any different in that? (Other than that there weren't so many Ros/Adam, Lucas/Sarah fans Tongue) They were B plot storylines that generally fitted in with the running storyline of the Series, yet didn't carry the Series and didn't really get in the way so why couldn't the Ruth and Harry relationship do the same? Smile
Some said it couldn't work, yet if it's paced right and doesn't become the story itself I could see the whole thing working, plus it would also be something knew to see how they would deal with being together, there could be parts of both their characters that we haven't seen before and that could be explored if they were together Wink *sigh*

If the will they/ won't they continued into S10, I think I could probably only put up with an episode or 2 of it, there's not much else in their current type of relationship that can really be explored, it's all been done before... just let them get together Wink

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - xRuthx - 08-03-2011 09:09 PM

(08-03-2011 04:47 PM)Forever Secret Wrote:  If the will they/ won't they continued into S10, I think I could probably only put up with an episode or 2 of it, there's not much else in their current type of relationship that can really be explored, it's all been done before... just let them get together Wink

Agreed. The UST is getting a bit same old, same old.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Forever Secret - 11-03-2011 05:05 PM

Agreed Smile But we also have to remember that sometimes the whole will they/wont they route is the most interesting and it really depends on the direction the story is taking, and if they got together there would be no more of that will they/wont they, instead though it would give new way to new stories, new things for them to overcome and something new to watch Smile

Yoink! Harry and Ruth and Writters! haha found this, Sam Vincent and Jon Brackley answered some fan questions about Ruth and Harry, don't know if anyone saw it, Sam retweeted it on his Twitter page a few hours ago Smile Interesting stuff!

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/blog/666-qaa-spooks-writers-answer-your-questions

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - JHyde - 12-03-2011 03:37 AM

There's a lot of us on here who think the will they/won't they isn't anywhere near as interesting as watching two people make a relationship work. Especially between two older people.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - DogSoSmall - 12-03-2011 07:37 PM

The problem is with this particular will they/won't they is that it's all no, they won't. They never even give us a glimmer of hope. That's what makes it so annoying and depressing.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Tea Lady - 12-03-2011 08:13 PM

(12-03-2011 07:37 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  The problem is with this particular will they/won't they is that it's all no, they won't. They never even give us a glimmer of hope. That's what makes it so annoying and depressing.

Haha, good point DogSoSmall. Its just been "won't they" for the last two series really. If they do get together though and we see them trying to be a couple, can this really be done as a B or C plot over just 6 episodes? It doesn't leave much screen time for that story. They will need to catapult it up the plots if we are to get this event this series.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Forever Secret - 12-03-2011 08:37 PM

I see what you mean TL Wink It's hard to make a will they/won't they story just a B or C plot especially if there are only 6 episodes, its easier with 8 or 10 episodes when the story can be dragged out over a longer amount of time and gain more depth Wink
But with the smaller cliffhanger at the end of S9, I guess we can assume a lot of S10 will be about Harry, his past, his career, and in ways Ruth fits into that, perhaps they can fit a "They will" type storyline as a B plot into that somehow Wink
And another thing with will they/ won't they is that there's always the chance that they won't, no matter what build up there is Wink
Seems like everyone (Writters, Actors, directors and Fans) want Harry and Ruth together, but it always comes back to how well that would fit into the show, and it can't just become the "Harry and Ruth" show Wink

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - xRuthx - 12-03-2011 09:05 PM

(12-03-2011 03:37 AM)JHyde Wrote:  There's a lot of us on here who think the will they/won't they isn't anywhere near as interesting as watching two people make a relationship work. Especially between two older people.

I agree with this 100%! Especially since the will they/won't they has run across multipe series now.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Naivety - 12-03-2011 09:28 PM

Do we know definitely that there will only be six episodes? It seems such a short series, it'll be over before we've even got into it. Sad

The overwhelming sensation during series 9 was disappointment, and I'm going to concentrate on the Harry and Ruth element here. Yet when you go back over series 9, there were more Harry and Ruth moments than in any series before.

Because we all knew the outcome of episode 5.5 they couldn't go back to merely unrequited love - we all know they love one another. Unfortunately simply getting them together and them living happily ever after does not keep viewers hooked, so the only route is angst, and I think that despite what we all want, angst is what we will get still more of.

I try to analyse what I, personally want and I am not sure if the possibility that THE moment will happen is sweeter than the moment itself. I think I may be worried about the feeling of anti climax.

I do hope that makes sense! Smile

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - jacko - 12-03-2011 09:36 PM

The interview with the writers mentions there will be a episode with all in evening dress, how good will this be for Harry and Ruth weve never seen Ruth all made up. Also I think this will be good for NW to be all glamourous, just looking forwards to PF face when he sees hers, from the NW PF interview on series 9 extra dont think hes immune to her charms.