Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? (/thread-1502.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Silktie - 13-03-2011 07:01 AM

Unless of course, it's only the field officers that will get all dressed up and poor Ruth and Tariq will be left on the Grid in their office clothes. Tongue

It would be great to see Harry and Ruth both dressed up at the same time. I'm sure in that case there'll be a bit of surreptitious ogling from both sides.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - JHyde - 13-03-2011 08:04 AM

I think the black tie thing has sent most of the fluffy fan ficcers into a tizzy.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Tea Lady - 13-03-2011 09:45 AM

(13-03-2011 07:01 AM)Silktie Wrote:  Unless of course, it's only the field officers that will get all dressed up and poor Ruth and Tariq will be left on the Grid in their office clothes. Tongue

Wicked Silktie, wicked Wink

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - A Cousin - 13-03-2011 03:00 PM

(13-03-2011 08:04 AM)JHyde Wrote:  I think the black tie thing has sent most of the fluffy fan ficcers into a tizzy.

Hahaha! But what is fanfic for if not to have some fun with the characters? There is one good evening dress fic written sometime ago (by I can't remember who) in which Jo was sick so Ruth had to take her place undercover at a diplomatic function. Harry was there as a guest. Zaf and Adam chose Ruth's dress. There was a good realistic op in it too.

One scenario that has never been presented is Harry and Ruth out in the field alone together. I'd like to see that. They have been out individually plenty of times. So we know they can do it.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Silktie - 13-03-2011 03:49 PM

(13-03-2011 03:00 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  One scenario that has never been presented is Harry and Ruth out in the field alone together. I'd like to see that. They have been out individually plenty of times. So we know they can do it.

That would certainly be interesting, especially if they had to rely on each other's various skills to get out of a sticky situation.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Naivety - 13-03-2011 04:17 PM

The trouble is, their conversation would be listened to, presumably by Tariq! Lots of potential for a funny scene though!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Forever Secret - 13-03-2011 05:50 PM

That's true! I can just imagine poor Tariq listening to the conversation, especially if pieces of Harry and Ruth's personal past start emerging, he might get a little bit confuzzled haha! Wink But it would be very interesting to see!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - JHyde - 14-03-2011 02:32 AM

(13-03-2011 03:00 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  
(13-03-2011 08:04 AM)JHyde Wrote:  I think the black tie thing has sent most of the fluffy fan ficcers into a tizzy.

Hahaha! But what is fanfic for if not to have some fun with the characters? There is one good evening dress fic written sometime ago (by I can't remember who) in which Jo was sick so Ruth had to take her place undercover at a diplomatic function. Harry was there as a guest. Zaf and Adam chose Ruth's dress. There was a good realistic op in it too.

You're thinking of northern exposure. She's great. I don't read much of the fluffy stuff but she's terrific and she mostly writes more serious, episode like fics.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - harrbd - 14-03-2011 07:34 AM

There has been lots of talk from the writers and actors about Harry and Ruth getting together which may or may not be misdirection. (I hope not !) Surely it won't be a big wedding though - I can see them going to Paris or having a small wedding in the UK, perhaps with Malcom as a witness.
I can picture a funny scene when Ruth goes back into the office - Dimitri says "Hey, Evershed." Ruth says "Pearce". Dimitri looks blank but Beth catches on and sees the ring.

If there is to be a big wedding can we all be extras !

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - JHyde - 14-03-2011 11:28 AM

I don't think Ruth would ever change her name, honestly.