Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? (/thread-1502.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Silktie - 14-03-2011 03:55 PM

(14-03-2011 11:28 AM)JHyde Wrote:  I don't think Ruth would ever change her name, honestly.

Good point. I'm sure Harry is enlightened enough not to insist on it. As long as she doesn't call herself Evershed-Pearce, sounds too much like Ever Shed Tears...

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - langley - 18-03-2011 07:25 PM

I seem to recall separate episodes where Ruth and Harry were dressed up, but not at the same time. (3.5 was it where Ruth stalked her boyfriend? And I forget which episode with Harry in a tux).
Oh, I hope the writers have both of them involved in a black-tie affair! I love A Cousin's idea of a field op. Actually, I assumed that's what it would be. And I really hope we get to see Harry's reaction when he sees Ruth dressed to the 9's! Come ON, writers, get them together in the first episode and then move on! We want to see them both happy! Is it too much to ask to see Ruth smile? I don't think she smiled once in series 9.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Silktie - 21-03-2011 07:57 AM

They're showing season 8 here now, and as always I'm fascinated to see what they cut out to make room for the adverts. For instance in 8.1 they cut out the bit where Malcolm tells Ruth that Harry's in great danger, and in 8.4 they cut out the whole conversation about Jo on the bench. Harry/Ruth fans really miss out on a lot with these shorter versions. Just think, if this was the only version you'd seen, you would never know about the 'There will always be something else, Ruth' conversation.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Byatil - 21-03-2011 06:51 PM

(21-03-2011 07:57 AM)Silktie Wrote:  They're showing season 8 here now, and as always I'm fascinated to see what they cut out to make room for the adverts. For instance in 8.1 they cut out the bit where Malcolm tells Ruth that Harry's in great danger, and in 8.4 they cut out the whole conversation about Jo on the bench. Harry/Ruth fans really miss out on a lot with these shorter versions. Just think, if this was the only version you'd seen, you would never know about the 'There will always be something else, Ruth' conversation.

Oh god, that conversation is so tragic. It's funny how little moments like that between Harry and Ruth can prove so vital to their overall relationship; it's such a shame those scenes are the first to get cut Sad

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Fidget - 21-03-2011 10:42 PM

This is the reason I always buy the DVD's from the UK

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - JHyde - 22-03-2011 06:57 AM

Fidget we're talking about airing the episodes not the DVDs. And the region 4 DVDs never have anything cut from the episodes. Nor does the ABC edit them for airing.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Fidget - 22-03-2011 07:26 AM

I think you will find the ABC gets edited eps from the BBC though

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - JHyde - 22-03-2011 11:52 AM

I've never seen an edited episode on the ABC. Not once.

EDIT: I remember we got into this some time back and I went and checked the email I had from the ABC and the post I wrote about more than a year ago. The ABC has never edited Spooks episodes and they don't plan to.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - xRuthx - 22-03-2011 12:34 PM

(22-03-2011 06:57 AM)JHyde Wrote:  Fidget we're talking about airing the episodes not the DVDs. And the region 4 DVDs never have anything cut from the episodes. Nor does the ABC edit them for airing.

I can confirm this. I am also from Australia and I have never seen the ABC edit a Spooks episode. They did edit Ashes to Ashes to fit into the 55 minute time slot rather than 60, but never ever Spooks. And the DVD's themselves are EXACTLY the same as the BBC's, right down to the special features available. The only thing that's different is the region.

Personally speaking, I believe in supporting the ABC as much as possible so I always prefer to watch ABC programs when they air and buy the DVD afterwards through the ABC.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - JHyde - 22-03-2011 12:41 PM

So now that the scare's over we can go back to talking about Harry and Ruth.