Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? (/thread-1502.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - HellsBells - 01-04-2011 01:32 PM

Harry and Ruth definitely seem to be a big part of series 10.
Come on Kudos, happy endings are okay too!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Silktie - 01-04-2011 04:40 PM

Ha, I think the most
Series 10 Spoiler: show
unexpected journey they can take these two on is to get them together. Big Grin

I really hope they won't go the love triangle route. I hate those, and not just for Harry and Ruth. I never enjoy such storylines.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Forever Secret - 01-04-2011 04:54 PM

(01-04-2011 04:40 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Ha, I think the most
Series 10 Spoiler: show
unexpected journey they can take these two on is to get them together. Big Grin

I really hope they won't go the love triangle route. I hate those, and not just for Harry and Ruth. I never enjoy such storylines.

That would be the best unexpected journey!! Got the feeling it aint going to happen though haha Big Grin Tongue

I think I may stop watching if a love triangle emerged, I hate them too, they are just so difficult to watch,

Could imagine a past lover of Harry' popping up out of nowhere as he's being investigating a face from his past, for some reason I get the feeling they may happen Wink

Series S10 Spoiler: show
I really want to know how bad this secret from Harry's past is.
What's he done that's so bad that it can threaten both him and his career as well as those close to him? And will Ruth be able to look past whatever he's done? It feels very much the last Series of Ashes to Ashes with the whole 'Dark secrets uncovered' and 'make a choice after its revealed' thing...
I guess this could be the test to see just how much Ruth loves and trusts Harry and how loyal his team are... I'm making a guess Harry will be suspended from MI5 while the investigation goes ahead, wonder if like in 4.9 when he made contact with Adam of he contacts Ruth in the time he's away

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Tea Lady - 01-04-2011 05:13 PM

I'm not sure it would ring true for a love triangle to be all it takes for Ruth to see sense and to fall into Harry's arms. There has to be more to it. The presence of a previous love before, Juliet, didn't spur her into action.

As for the unexpected journey, I guess they could find themselves on SouthEastern Trains. You always end up at the most unexpected place in my experience Wink

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - watchstrap - 01-04-2011 05:18 PM

Series series10 Spoiler: show
'Unmissable TV'
usually means either love angst or scary someone might die angst, or heaven help us both! At this moment in time I think I could handle any outcome as long as it's well done, but I have just taken a huge carrot cake out of the oven Smile

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Forever Secret - 01-04-2011 05:22 PM

Oh heaven help us! You're right Wink As long as its done well, Wink
Was just thinking, whatever this secret is from Harry's past, what if he WAS suspended from MI5 during the investigation and he and Ruth did get together in that time, then it all crashes down when this secret is revealed, perhaps that what it means by "Will Ruth stand by him or is this the end for Harry?"

(01-04-2011 05:13 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I'm not sure it would ring true for a love triangle to be all it takes for Ruth to see sense and to fall into Harry's arms. There has to be more to it. The presence of a previous love before, Juliet, didn't spur her into action.

As for the unexpected journey, I guess they could find themselves on SouthEastern Trains. You always end up at the most unexpected place in my experience Wink

True, but anything could happen, expect the unexpected as they say Tongue Wink
Haha!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - DogSoSmall - 01-04-2011 05:58 PM

If Alice Krige is joining the cast and there are hints of Harry's past in Russia, I can well imagine her as a sultry Russian bit of spy totty. And the right age for Harry. Hmmmmmm.

I have had indigestion since I read the Iain Wylie blog at lunchtime Confused. It may not go away until October. And if the carrot cake is coming out already, there is absolutely no hope!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Forever Secret - 01-04-2011 06:11 PM

DogSoSmall, did you do what I did? Check all the ages of new female cast members to see how much of an age gap there is between her and Harry, see if it could be linked back to his past? Tongue
Haha I couldn't help it Wink

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - A Cousin - 01-04-2011 06:30 PM

I don't like the idea of a luuuuurve triangle either. Its smacks too much of soap opera for me. They can do better than that.

I also wonder if the writers will actually use information presented in Harry's Diary or the Personnel Files or if they will make something else completely new up? Whatever the secret is, it would have to be something that Ruth would find so morally and/or ethically reprehensible as to make her hesitate in standing by him. For me, an ex-girlfriend just isn't enough. That's not Ruth's MO.

Maybe Harry bombed an Embassy somewhere? No, no, its been done....Tongue

So many questions, six months to stew about them.... Thud

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Tea Lady - 01-04-2011 06:41 PM

It can't be Omega. Would Kudos really bring that back again? Also I can't really see Ruth questioning her loyalty to Harry because of Omega and something he did 30 years ago and was sanctioned by MI6. It has to be something else.

I was thinking of starting up the SCC as we get nearer September. Maybe I shall bring the date forward. (Spooks Cake Club.) Wink