Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? (/thread-1502.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Silktie - 02-04-2011 04:17 PM

(02-04-2011 08:10 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I can see what you are saying Silktie but I think I would still find that hard to believe, that she wouldn't support Harry because he
Series series 10 Spoiler: show
killed a German Government minister 30 years ago.
Personally I think what he did to Davey King's father would sully Harry' character more so. The fact that Ruth knew of and just about sanctioned the murder of the old Home Secretary in cold blood, would really test my credulity if she now stuck her nose in the air and turned her back on Harry for something like that.

That is a very good point, TL. It makes me wonder whether it'll come down to something along the lines of Ruth having to risk her job to get Harry out of this mess, rather than it just being about her not approving of whatever secret from his past will be unveiled.

All this makes me realise again that I find Ruth's motivations nigh impossible to understand at present.

(02-04-2011 03:08 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I have found our theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSq93Hsn0Bg

YahooSilbaYahooSilba

Oh great, now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for days...
Big Grin

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Tea Lady - 02-04-2011 06:46 PM

They could quite easily invent a story from Harry's past to get him out of the service. If Harry is no longer in favour then that is quite possible and if Harry feels he has lost the support of Ruth anyway because of Albany, then he may not fight it. Ruth may just be too confused to know what to believe.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - A Cousin - 02-04-2011 08:31 PM

(02-04-2011 04:17 PM)Silktie Wrote:  
(02-04-2011 03:08 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I have found our theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSq93Hsn0Bg

YahooSilbaYahooSilba

Oh great, now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for days...
Big Grin

Welcome to my brain. A Cousin's my name, ear worms are my game! Wink

I am not very confident that they are going to use anything in his known past. That would just be too easy to figure out. I think they are going to make it up or at least be something vaguely related to his known past. They may reflect Harry's "journey" of S9 for Ruth - self doubt and discovering where the line is for her. Whatever the secret is, it should be something that makes her doubt who he really is as a decent human being not as a man or boss. Harry will not be able to tell her the truth of the matter for whatever reason and she will have to decide on her own.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Silktie - 11-04-2011 06:23 AM

Linking onto what A Cousin said, a neat way for them to drag out the will they / won't they for another season is of course to let the two have minimal contact in season 10, say for instance because Harry is suspended and his team is not allowed contact with him. If they do go that route, I will really miss my one or two little scenes between these two each episode. I do love my little scenes.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - xRuthx - 11-04-2011 06:27 AM

^That would be terrible. There must be scenes Tongue

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Forever Secret - 11-04-2011 11:53 AM

Nooooo! agreed! THERE MUST BE THE LITTLE SCENES! Wink

If that's the case and Harry is suspended, I can imagine Ruth sneaking around eveyone else just to contact him...similar to what happened in 4.9 with Adam Smile Maybe the other route is to have as many scenes with them alone as possible, create as much tension as possible and maybe finally...maybe the the will they/won't they will end with the they will, we can hope Wink

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - A Cousin - 11-04-2011 02:44 PM

Oh, the professional chemistry between PF and NW is too exquisite to ignore completely. I think they'll have a couple of scene-lettes. Although, with the recent comments about the UST being too delicious to resolve, I think it possible that they will write them judiciously. Then again, that's what they have always done. If they resolve it at all, it will be at the very end of S10.

I do think that Harry will not be present on the grid but not because he has been suspended, but because TPTB are going to use Albany and whatever secret from the past he has to send him on one final assignment. Although the team might think he has been suspended and Ruth figures out that he is still in operation.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - JHyde - 11-04-2011 03:15 PM

I would like to see Harry in the field a little more which could also facilitate more of the HR phone scenes, which I think have worked really well. Both in seasons 4 and 9. Alternatively if Harry was in the field they could have coded talk on coded missions. Doublespeak!

Plus we all love Harry in the field and I know between seasons we always say how much we like it when it happens. Particular faves include 3.3, 6.8 and 7.8. Actually, that might just be the list.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - A Cousin - 11-04-2011 03:56 PM

(11-04-2011 03:15 PM)JHyde Wrote:  Plus we all love Harry in the field and I know between seasons we always say how much we like it when it happens. Particular faves include 3.3, 6.8 and 7.8. Actually, that might just be the list.

I love me some Harry in the field! Yahoo I'd add 4.9 to that list. Sure, he was suspended, but he was acting as if he were in the field. And the interaction with Ruth was one of best ever.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Naivety - 11-04-2011 04:29 PM

There's always the possibility that if Harry has to go to Germany, he takes Ruth with him. Then we could have them working in the field together!