Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? (/thread-1502.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - beatrice4ruth - 06-08-2011 08:57 PM

Sigh, here we go again Blush:

Fans have been loyal to H/R for 9 years. After 5.5 they waited patiently for the return of Ruth to Harry and after 3 years what do they get: 8.1 and 9.1. True, the two episodes gave us fabulous acting.

We know that PF, NW and the writers want a credible but happy ending to H/R. The question is: Will this ending be dramatic enough for Kudos? Spooks is supposed to have an “audacious” ending, according to NW. Let’s us hope that “audacious” means the fans’ wish for the happiness of H/R and not the Spooks tradition of killing major characters

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Silktie - 07-08-2011 07:54 AM

See, this is why I hope that Harry's secret and resultant struggle to save his career is only the tool that brings a bigger threat to the country with it. If Harry is the main story, I think it will be more difficult to end things on a good note for Harry/Ruth and keep it within the general tone of Spooks.

But if Harry's struggle is the B-story running alongside a bigger threat, it will be easier to end them on a good note, whilst simultaneously ending the main threat in an 'audacious' manner.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - beatrice4ruth - 07-08-2011 11:17 AM

I too prefer that Harry’s secret and H/R remain a B-story. We do not want Harry, only his superiors, to be involved in a “Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy” type of story.

The H/R relationship as a B-story makes it all the more special. Harry and Ruth are still the heart of Spooks and hold the other storylines together.

Automatically I have associated NW’s words with the H/R relationship. I hope, as you have suggested, that it might simply mean an audacious ending to the main threat in series 10. Unfortunately, I still have a bad feeling about NW’s statement.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - richliga - 08-08-2011 11:01 AM

Unfortunately the latest Spooks seasons have involved the deaths of main characters so s10 does not seem so promising in that area... But i DO hope all the fans get a pleasant present for the "last" series...

When it comes to H/R: Well prepare for the worse and hope for the best... Thats the motto for their relationship in s10....

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Silktie - 13-08-2011 06:00 AM

Seeing as the Harry/Ruth relationship is supposed to come to a head in season 10, I have been thinking about how it will pick up at the start of the season after what we saw in season 9.

I think after the events of season 9, we now stand at a situation where Ruth knows, and has acknowledged in words, that Harry loves her. But Harry cannot know for certain that Ruth loves him. Sure, she supported him when he doubted himself, but that is not necessarily a show of love. Good friends also support each other through hard times and times of doubt. And good friends also don't want each other to go to their deaths knowingly. Everything she's done throughout season 9 tells him she still respects him a great deal, and that professionally they will always have a close bond and he will have her support, but she made it very clear that anything more personal is out of bounds.

And whilst we may have seen her tears at the end of 9.8 and can see that as some sort of catharsis that will now allow her to acknowledge her love for him, Harry didn't see it.

I hope that we pick up their story at this point and see it develop from there, whether to a positive or negative end, and not skip over this to some sort of conclusion without any explanation of how they got there.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Sparky - 13-08-2011 06:09 AM

My initial thoughts on Harry and Ruth for Season 10 are that at the beginning of episode 1 they've become or at least started to become closer again, the 'secret' of Harry's past drives a wedge through them for a while before they start to find a way back together again. Like Silktie, I'm hoping things aren't glossed over and we actually get to see what happens rather than events taking place off screen between the end of 9.8 and 10.1.

I'm guessing we won't know for certain if they get a happy or unhappy ending until the final seconds of the last episode, and I'm sure they'll be more than a few diversions put in so we think one thing and then the opposite happens.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - richliga - 13-08-2011 01:41 PM

I can imagine that their relationship in the beginning of s10 might be a bit like before 5.5 but more mature I guess... Now Harry has put it on the plate what is what (though he did it already when he proposed... ) and i think that Ruth has known all the way that she loves him as well (otherwise I don't really understand why she would start talking about that with Lucas) and probably will feel that she should do something about it... I hope in s10 they don't jump over the fact what Harry did for her in 9.8...

But I guess it all comes back to "bad timing"- they know they love each other but because of Harry's inquiry or smth else they must be careful with their feelings. And then Harrys secret (whatever that can be).... oh well...

I think it will be lots of looks between those two in s10... and lots of butterflies in our stomachs all through the s10...

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Silktie - 25-08-2011 05:11 PM

Let's see your creative sides coming out and do a caption contest with the new photo:

[Image: 453529-spookssmall.jpg]

+Rep for the person that can come up with the funniest one.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - richliga - 25-08-2011 05:42 PM

(25-08-2011 05:11 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Let's see your creative sides coming out and do a caption contest with the new photo:

+Rep for the person that can come up with the funniest one.

Ruth to Harry: "This Harry is the place where we will build our house."

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - A Cousin - 25-08-2011 10:43 PM

(25-08-2011 05:11 PM)Silktie Wrote:  [Image: 453529-spookssmall.jpg]

Harry, you have a piece of spinach stuck in your teeth.

I must know, Harry: boxers or briefs?