Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? (/thread-1502.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - cateau1 - 01-09-2011 01:05 PM

CAPTION CONTEST
Ruth: you know if we're caught on surveillance, this is going to be plastered all over the Forum, Harry.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - beatrice4ruth - 10-09-2011 02:21 AM

I posted my speculation about Harry's past on the thread Speculations.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - loladom - 12-09-2011 03:57 PM

Ruth: I know you want to get my attention Harry, but did you have to kiss that Russian transvestite?

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - beatrice4ruth - 12-09-2011 04:14 PM

(12-09-2011 03:57 PM)loladom Wrote:  Ruth: I know you want to get my attention Harry, but did you have to kiss that Russian transvestite?

Wink Thanks for the laughter. We need it!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Naivety - 18-09-2011 09:18 PM

Series 10 Spoiler: show
So many Harry and Ruth moments in this first episode! I will have to watch them all over again, but those glances were so reminiscent of past series. Harry was so tearful at the end. I could have done with a couple of minutes longer of that particular scene

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - SPOOK91 - 18-09-2011 09:26 PM

Series 10 Spoiler: show
Yes there were loads of HR moments, the arm linking! How cute, I definitely think that there has been some kind of conversation or acceptance between the two of them, they seem far more comfortable than before, I don't think we have ever seen them that comfortable with each other. I am afraid for Ruth though, I think Harry is getting a bit mooney eyed over Elena, but I am glad he is being honest with her, that speaks for a lot I would say.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - watchstrap - 19-09-2011 11:19 AM

Series series 10 Spoiler: show
I'm not anti Elena and I don't think that Harry will fall back head over heels in love with her. This is a brave move for Kudos, giving us a story about past love with mature actors. The way Harry reacted to his past relationship with Elena is pretty realistic. The thing about past lovers is that they are in the past, you don't think you will ever see them again. So when Elena resurfaces, so do Harry's memories of how he felt all those years ago.

S10 seems to be providing Harry with a sexual identity, particularly in the eyes of Ruth which is no bad thing IMO. She was definitely brought up a bit short when Harry told her that he and Elena were lovers. Ruth didn't look madly jealous, but there was a reaction, maybe a teary eye look or was that just my imagination? Ruth seems to have thought about her willingness to unpick things with Harry, and I liked this reference back to her conversation with Lucas. Would have liked to see how her and Harry have resolved things but am happy to just go with it because there is a limit to how much can be fitted into 6 eps.

Just as a footnote, I would like to say that Alice Krige is fab as Elena, and is pretty damn fit for an actress in her late forties/early fifties. Hope people will be respectful when commenting on her character.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - beatrice4ruth - 19-09-2011 12:17 PM

True, true about early love.

These flashbacks of Harry really put me off. Imagine if we had to witness the kissing between Ruth and George. You bet that the relationship of Ruth and George as a young and fit man must have been very physical. I hope that we will be spared more of those lovey-dovey moments in Episode 2.

I really do not like the character of Elena, the ex-KGB spy or even current Russian spy. A former KGB spy can only be very devious and cold. After all, they were the best and most merciless spies. Elena was no innocent young woman like Ruth in S2.

But I do not criticize the actress. She is doing her best under difficult circumstances. To play an unpleasant character must be very challenging. She is elegant but it is not her fault if she looks so ghostly. I wonder whether Kudos is sending us a message with Elena's looks.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - loladom - 19-09-2011 01:13 PM

(19-09-2011 11:19 AM)watchstrap Wrote:  
I'm not anti Elena and I don't think that Harry will fall back head over heels in love with her. This is a brave move for Kudos, giving us a story about past love with mature actors. The way Harry reacted to his past relationship with Elena is pretty realistic. The thing about past lovers is that they are in the past, you don't think you will ever see them again. So when Elena resurfaces, so do Harry's memories of how he felt all those years ago.

S10 seems to be providing Harry with a sexual identity, particularly in the eyes of Ruth which is no bad thing IMO. She was definitely brought up a bit short when Harry told her that he and Elena were lovers. Ruth didn't look madly jealous, but there was a reaction, maybe a teary eye look or was that just my imagination? Ruth seems to have thought about her willingness to unpick things with Harry, and I liked this reference back to her conversation with Lucas. Would have liked to see how her and Harry have resolved things but am happy to just go with it because there is a limit to how much can be fitted into 6 eps.

Just as a footnote, I would like to say that Alice Krige is fab as Elena, and is pretty damn fit for an actress in her late forties/early fifties. Hope people will be respectful when commenting on her character.

I agree totally with everything you say. I think it's been done so well, rather beautifully in fact. I wish we'd seen the conversation between H&R during the recap of S9, because they have made a giant leap. I loved the 'unpick it together' reference too.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - richliga - 19-09-2011 01:17 PM

I must admit I was quite pleased with HR moments... I was prepared for more angst but I guess its soon coming anyway.

They even smiled and everything. Loved how Ruth wanted to know what Harry had said about her in the report and Harrys answer: "Not until i draw a breath"
I love how Harry trusts Ruth with everything and how he asked her to be his +1... I really wondered when he said: "Sorry I realize its hardly the perfect night out but..." have they been to more dates now?? Wink It almost felt they go out now and then nowadays... Big Grin

And how charming was that when Harry said to Ruth: We will fit in perfectly... I felt he was trying to assure her she looks beautiful and she does not have to feel as an underdog or smth...