Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? (/thread-1502.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - A Cousin - 28-02-2011 08:53 PM

(28-02-2011 08:21 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Perhaps all Peter meant was that Harry and Ruth would sit down and share a packet of polo mints together in S10. Now that would be progress considering the events of the last two series. Smile

You crack me up! But what would be the symbolism in a pack of Polo Mints? I am sure we could find one!?! Silba

Who specifically does the commentary again? No disrespect to the actors, but their comments could easily come out of wishful thinking. The producer, on the other hand, have some control in the matter. Depends on when the commentary was done - before or after the writers meetings when they hash out the series arc?

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Forever Secret - 28-02-2011 08:59 PM

(28-02-2011 08:53 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Who specifically does the commentary again? No disrespect to the actors, but their comments could easily come out of wishful thinking. The producer, on the other hand, have some control in the matter. Depends on when the commentary was done - before or after the writers meetings when they hash out the series arc?

For Episode 1 the commentary is by Andrew Woodhead (Executive Producer), Sam Vincent and Jon Brackley (both writters)
And for episode 7 other than Nicola Walker it was Andrew Woodhead again and episode writter Anthony Neilson, Anthony supported Ruth and Harry actually, some of his comments gave a little hope, and he said he's coming back to write some of Series 10 Smile

Actually listening to them both again, I'd say they talk more about Ruth and Harry during Episode 1, and that was the episode without NW doing the commentary, so really does seem like both Producer and writter want something to happen... but whether or not it will is another story Tongue

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - DogSoSmall - 28-02-2011 09:17 PM

It's clear from the commentaries that there are plans, particularly for exploring Ruth's journey into hell. Whether they're happy plans or not is another matter. Nicola seems a bit too keen on agony for my liking - she's thinking like an actress!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - yorkshiretyke - 01-03-2011 07:48 AM

They are also aware, that the loyal fans, us, want the Harry and Ruth thing, so possibly lots of lip service to keep us interested.....which of course works, as we all spend hours/weeks/mnths debating what is said and by who....my they are clever!.....

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Forever Secret - 01-03-2011 07:25 PM

For people who havent seen it in the Peter and Nicola thread... there was a radio interview posted of hem together Big Grin
http://player.musicradio.com/heart/bristol/aod/?episodeId=152666

Haha it's probably the best interview heard so far, especially because the interviewers are fans of the show and also both seems like Peter and Nicola both want Harry and Ruth to get together ... maybe they can convince the writters Wink

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Silktie - 06-03-2011 07:52 AM

Let's have a bit of fun to pass the time till season 10. It is Internet forum tradition to create an amalgam from the names/surnames of two characters involved in a relationship/UST. We always talk about HR, but that just makes me think of Human Resources at work.

Examples for Harry/Ruth:
Huth
Pearshed

+1 rep for the person who comes up with the most creative one.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - xRuthx - 07-03-2011 06:21 AM

I honestly don't care if Harry and Ruth end up together anymore as long as they are both happy! I've had enough doom and gloom for awhile thanks Tongue

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - A Cousin - 07-03-2011 03:21 PM

(07-03-2011 06:21 AM)xRuthx Wrote:  I honestly don't care if Harry and Ruth end up together anymore as long as they are both happy! I've had enough doom and gloom for awhile thanks Tongue

I won't lie. I want "Rarry" together. (How's that, Silktie?) However, I too am tired of the current nature of the relationship. For me it is in danger of becoming too distracting. And I think there is a whole other dynamic to be explored, one that was all too briefly explored with "Fidam" before Olga Sosnovska left the programme. With a "Rarry" twist to it of course.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Silktie - 07-03-2011 03:48 PM

(07-03-2011 03:21 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I won't lie. I want "Rarry" together. (How's that, Silktie?) However, I too am tired of the current nature of the relationship. For me it is in danger of becoming too distracting. And I think there is a whole other dynamic to be explored, one that was all too briefly explored with "Fidam" before Olga Sosnovska left the programme. With a "Rarry" twist to it of course.

Haha, good one.

I won't lie either, I also want them together. I know it says in the writer's Bible that UST is more interesting than seeing a couple trying to balance work and a relationship, but I think you can leave it too late to get them together. And with this couple's particular line of work, there are endless scenarios to be explored. So I hope the writers are bold enough to get them together early in season 10 and take things from there. And of course keep it subtle and low-key, it should never be the main storyline.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Forever Secret - 07-03-2011 06:33 PM

I agree with you there Silktie!
Here's how I see it, for S10 at least,
The writters could continue the whole Harry and Ruth relationship as they've done before, with them NOT being together but then any new storylines would just be a repeat of what we've seen already,
PF said it as well, nearly everything has been explored now in terms of story lines now, and in S9 the whole marriage proposal was there to try and move the relationship on a little, add some new kind of tension, but much more tension can you add before it starts becoming a little... well boring?
OR they can get them together in Series 10 and see how their professional and person relationship works differently, personally I'd say now, after so long it would be more interesting to see how things worked out of they got together, even if things didn't work out Wink
Watching through the S9 commentary Andrew Woodhead and both writters for 9.1 said "Because they should be together"... So why not get them together already? Tongue
And of course, it should be low key, never the main storyline... I think that's what S9 did quite well, it managed to keep the relationship pretty low key and then in the end it was used as part of the whole Lucas/John storyline, it was a lind of underlying storyline that managed to somehow work its way into the main storyline Wink