Spooks Forum
Plot-holes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Plot-holes (/thread-1504.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Plot-holes - BoHenley - 13-03-2011 10:09 PM

...another great idea...which was never explained...SURPRISE!

My memory's a bit hazy (not up to ep4 yet on the DVDs). Didn't that conveniently-in-the-right-place-when-Lucas-walks-past-MI5 officer lose his job?

RE: Plot-holes - binkie - 13-03-2011 10:28 PM

He did indeed lose his job. And Ruth makes the point: "He'll do time for that". Or possibly "He'll do time for this". I can't remember exactly. Either way, we can suppose he went to prison as well. Because he was apparently afflicted with selective mutism when it came to mentioning the Lucas-shaped person who borrowed his access pass; or maybe his memory exploded and left a Lucas-shaped hole in his ability to recall the piece of information which might have prevented him from losing his job. Or going to prison.

RE: Plot-holes - Byatil - 13-03-2011 10:59 PM

Yes, Ruth explains that he'll probably go to prison and that his career is effectively 'over' at the tender age of 22. Surely he should have had some alibi to explain that he wasn't near a computer at the time of the bank transfer?! Gah, it's just so unbelievably frustrating how ridiculous it all is!

RE: Plot-holes - BoHenley - 14-03-2011 12:14 AM

...as if they wouldn't have cameras in the corridors at MI-5...

RE: Plot-holes - BravoNine - 14-03-2011 01:49 AM

(14-03-2011 12:14 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  ...as if they wouldn't have cameras in the corridors at MI-5...

Cameras? What cameras? *gasp* Confused You mean there are cameras in MI5!?!?

Dodgy Did you forget that the place is actually really run by 5th graders who just sit around and make crayon drawings all day? Oh wait a minute....that's an insult to 5th graders everywhere....Silba

RE: Plot-holes - BoHenley - 14-03-2011 02:36 AM

5th graders are on their iPads/iPods/iEverything, and probably designing a better camera (and mousetrap) Big Grin

RE: Plot-holes - BravoNine - 14-03-2011 03:27 AM

(14-03-2011 02:36 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  5th graders are on their iPads/iPods/iEverything, and probably designing a better camera (and mousetrap) Big Grin

Mousetrap? Are we now calling Lucas a "mouse"?

Hmmmmmmm that's actually quite a good analogy! Yahoo

Lucas is like a mouse in a little trap....Silba A very adorable little mouse, but an idiotic one nonetheless....

RE: Plot-holes - HellsBells - 14-03-2011 02:40 PM

Yes the poor guy who 'gave' Lucas his password was a very big plot hole. There must be cameras in all the MI5 corridors (I believe it is mentioned in an episode in series 1 by Tess, who knows where a blind spot is), so surely there must be a record of Lucas being in that room when the money transfer happened. And an investigation would have found out where this guy had been and who he had talked to that day.
As for Lucas knowing his password, even if it didn't come up on the screen Lucas, with his 'photographic' memory could just have memorised the guy's keystrokes. I think Lucas did have clearance to access the file but choose to use a fall guy. But who was this 22 year old that had security clearance high enough to access the Albany file (considering what Albany is) and the banking system for MI5.

RE: Plot-holes - Belle - 14-03-2011 04:20 PM

I agree with you, HellsBells! If a senior officer like Lucas didn't have the clearance to access that file, then the 22-year-old; who we never saw or heard of before; must be a boy wonder or something to have earned enough credit to be able to access the file. I find it quite disturbing that we haven't heard or found out what happened to that boy; like previous posters mentioned, he must have been able to prove he wasn't there at the time.

RE: Plot-holes - binkie - 14-03-2011 05:06 PM

(14-03-2011 02:40 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  There must be cameras in all the MI5 corridors (I believe it is mentioned in an episode in series 1 by Tess, who knows where a blind spot is), so surely there must be a record of Lucas being in that room when the money transfer happened.

Not to mention the very big deal the show made about this exact thing in 9.6, when all manner of mention was made of internal surveillance in evading detection / setting up distractions in relation to the Sino-Russian collaboration extravaganza.