Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - MrsHat - 15-02-2011 07:41 PM

(13-02-2011 11:40 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  I just got Equus from Lovefilm through the post today.....next on my list is Dominick Hyde - we are of a mind Mrs Hat! Smile

I appear to be making a habit of viewing a naked PF Silba Watched Pleasure Principle the other day and Dominick Hide today....it's very good Wink

(13-02-2011 11:40 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  I think Equus is absolutely riveting (mind you, I haven't got to the horrible bit yet). PF's performance is extraordinary for someone so young. That "bareback" riding is also very impressive (although, that's gotta hurt hasn't it?).

Equus is on my list for tomorrow to watch....quite looking forwards to it to be honest Smile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 15-02-2011 08:50 PM

It appears Pleasure Principle has been released on DVD (thanks to the PFF for the heads up.) You can get it through Amazon. Any idea why it would be "all regions?" If anyone ends up buying it, can you post what the quality of the recording is like, thanks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Pleasure-Principle/dp/B004MLMJ52/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1297802421&sr=1-2

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 15-02-2011 09:59 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Tea Lady. I've ordered it - I'll let you know what it's like. Whoop!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - MrsHat - 15-02-2011 10:46 PM

I might also just have ordered it Silba

Just finished watching The Flipside of Dominick Hide & Another Flip For Dominick......blooming good!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - lottanyman - 18-02-2011 01:53 PM

There is a profile of Peter's character on the BBC's South Riding Page here ...and boy, does he look old in the picture that's shown there. They must have worked a little bit on that...

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Goldrush70 - 18-02-2011 02:09 PM

(15-02-2011 08:50 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  It appears Pleasure Principle has been released on DVD (thanks to the PFF for the heads up.) You can get it through Amazon. Any idea why it would be "all regions?" If anyone ends up buying it, can you post what the quality of the recording is like, thanks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Pleasure-Principle/dp/B004MLMJ52/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1297802421&sr=1-2

I ordered this via Amazon, and received the DVD yesterday (very quick shipping!) I would describe the recording quality as reasonable. It's most definitely watchable, and the picture is an average VHS-type quality. Ever-so-slightly blurry, but clear enough to enjoy. Wink The sound is fine.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - pepelow - 19-02-2011 10:07 AM

The Ian Wylie South Riding interview is HERE. Complete with audio files featuring PF.

A BAFTA for Best Line Delivered to a Cat! Priceless! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Can't wait to meet Edgar the cat. Have always loved cats, but never wanted to be one, till now ... and I don't even know what that line says! Dodgy

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 19-02-2011 12:20 PM

Thanks so much for that link, Pepelow. I can't wait for tomorrow night. And as Ian Wylie says, all other programmes can wait - this is the one to watch!

It was great to read (and hear) so much of PF's thoughts on the programme. I love that he seemed to have some influence both over the choice of part and the look of the character, and that he made the choices that he did. I'm impressed, as when I read the book I found Snaith one of the most intriguing characters.

I'm very much looking forward to the cat line!!
Just one thought, though. When PF said "yes" to the question would he go on in Spooks, I picked up some mental image of him not actually having a choice in the matter (ie he might have been written out in S10). I'm sure there was some sort of infinitesmal hesitation there - or is this just paranoia getting the better of me? I spent most of series 9 convinced that either Harry or Ruth would not make it. It played havoc with my nerves and I spent most of ep8 holding my breath. What does anyone else think of his response?

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 19-02-2011 12:44 PM

Thanks for posting, Pepelow - some nice little snippets of PF's real voice. I'm looking forward to the cat scenes, too.

I shall be rooted to the TV at 9pm tomorrow and banish the other 'alf to another part of the house. Bring it on!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - langley - 19-02-2011 02:16 PM

(19-02-2011 12:20 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  Thanks so much for that link, Pepelow. I can't wait for tomorrow night. And as Ian Wylie says, all other programmes can wait - this is the one to watch!

It was great to read (and hear) so much of PF's thoughts on the programme. I love that he seemed to have some influence both over the choice of part and the look of the character, and that he made the choices that he did. I'm impressed, as when I read the book I found Snaith one of the most intriguing characters.

I'm very much looking forward to the cat line!!
Just one thought, though. When PF said "yes" to the question would he go on in Spooks, I picked up some mental image of him not actually having a choice in the matter (ie he might have been written out in S10). I'm sure there was some sort of infinitesmal hesitation there - or is this just paranoia getting the better of me? I spent most of series 9 convinced that either Harry or Ruth would not make it. It played havoc with my nerves and I spent most of ep8 holding my breath. What does anyone else think of his response?

I didn't detect any hesitation in PF's voice. I really don't think they're writing him or Ruth out of season 10. This is going to be the season where they get together. The writers absolutely have to do it.