Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Forever Secret - 19-02-2011 02:27 PM

I can't wait to see South Riding now ,and those scenes with the cat! AwwwBig Grin
Love the voice clips, Peter has one of those voices I could listen to forever!

(19-02-2011 02:16 PM)langley Wrote:  I didn't detect any hesitation in PF's voice. I really don't think they're writing him or Ruth out of season 10. This is going to be the season where they get together. The writers absolutely have to do it.

I didn't hear any hesitation either Wink Maybe it's just PF trying not to give too much away about S10, thats if he knows much about S10 yet Wink
I agree with him though on the point that shows rarely go on for more than 10 years, seems like it wouldn't be a surprise to anyone if Series 10 were to be the last Wink
I don't think the writters plan on writting Ruth or Harry out of Spooks, at least not until the very end of the Series if S10 was the last one Wink I hope you're right about Ruth and Harry getting together though Big Grin

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Silktie - 19-02-2011 03:30 PM

PF seems really enthusiastic about South Riding, which is a good sign. Don't think he'd be like that if it wasn't all that good.

I didn't detect any hesitation on his part when answering the question about Spooks, either. He seems keen for it to go on beyond season 10, and I don't think he'd care all that much if he's going to be written out in season 10.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 19-02-2011 03:54 PM

I've been trying to watch "Burndown" all afternoon. I keep having to stop and do something else - it is sooooooooooooo bad!!!!! ( Big thanks to TL for the copy of it, though.)

Dreadful script, dreadful acting (even Peter, I'm afraid). And is it my imagination or do all the actors seem to be Brits trying to do American accents? None of them sounds like a real American!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 19-02-2011 05:16 PM

I listened again and think I have to admit to paranoia. Well, that's a relief anyway! Smile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 19-02-2011 08:05 PM

(19-02-2011 12:44 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  Thanks for posting, Pepelow - some nice little snippets of PF's real voice. I'm looking forward to the cat scenes, too.

I shall be rooted to the TV at 9pm tomorrow and banish the other 'alf to another part of the house. Bring it on!

You could definitely here the Yorkshire accent coming out a little there. Yes his real voice I think. I guess it's a little more relaxing being interviewed by someone you already know, one on one, instead of there being lots of cameras and tv crews thrust in your face.

(19-02-2011 02:16 PM)langley Wrote:  I didn't detect any hesitation in PF's voice. I really don't think they're writing him or Ruth out of season 10. This is going to be the season where they get together. The writers absolutely have to do it.

I think the hesitation was Peter swallowing Wink that was all. It just sounds to me that he will keep going with Harry as long as they want him too and he really doesn't know what the future holds. Maybe Outcasts downfall will help Spooks out in the long run.

(19-02-2011 03:54 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  I've been trying to watch "Burndown" all afternoon. I keep having to stop and do something else - it is sooooooooooooo bad!!!!! ( Big thanks to TL for the copy of it, though.)

Dreadful script, dreadful acting (even Peter, I'm afraid). And is it my imagination or do all the actors seem to be Brits trying to do American accents? None of them sounds like a real American!

Burndown is so bad Picard Big Grin I hate the woman in it. Well I think it was a woman. She sounds like she smokes about 50 a day!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - yorkshiretyke - 19-02-2011 11:00 PM

No hesitation....Spooks is commisioned year by year, so they won't know till series 10 is filmed.....keep the Faith!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 20-02-2011 08:50 AM

So, Outcasts has fallen, has it? I must say, I've tried to watch it but it doesn't grip me at all. Making good quality television is obviously harder than it seems, bearing in mind the great actors and writers we have in this country! Hustle is another one that I can take or leave - I can't decide if it's the acting or the writing at fault, but it's impossible to take seriously. Apart from Ashes to Ashes, Spooks is in a class of its own. Even a not-so-good episode is streets ahead of anything else on the telly. Its demise, purely because it's been on the telly for a long time, would just be another step on the road to dumbing down.
By the way, I'm sure no-one really cares about these rating stars, but I can't help feeling guilty when I look at the ones for this PF thread! A while ago I was wondering what the stars were all about and clicked on one to see what would happen. I found I'd given this thread a one star rating which I couldn't then detract. Blush Anything to do with PF should of course have a five-star rating, so I appeal to everyone to counter my mistake with a vote of their own!!! Smile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Forever Secret - 20-02-2011 10:02 PM

Just finished South Riding Ep1,
I have to say, I thought it was brilliant!
Peter was in it more than I thought he would be, the blonde hair takes some getting used to but actually quite suites him and his accent is pretty subtle but very good Smile
Its actually a pretty gripping drama, the twist at the end of the episode was quite unexpected too (don't want to spoil it) Wink, I thought all the acting was fantastic and just can't wait for the next episode Smile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 20-02-2011 10:12 PM

Ah yes, that was good. PF did a good accent (whatever his mum might say!). Thought Huggins was brilliantly played. Really made me laugh over the girls' shower!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Naivety - 20-02-2011 10:31 PM

PF was brill, its great to hear his voice in these Spooks-less months! And when he's wearing his hat he looks as gorgeous as ever!