Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 20-02-2011 10:58 PM

(20-02-2011 10:12 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  Ah yes, that was good. PF did a good accent (whatever his mum might say!). Thought Huggins was brilliantly played. Really made me laugh over the girls' shower!

Haha, yes Huggins really is a dirty old goat isn't he Smile

I thought it was very good. Thought Peter played it well with the perfect scowl in place throughout. I was a bit disappointed we didn't see Edgar though.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Aria - 20-02-2011 11:00 PM

I really enjoyed South Riding too. PF was good and I liked his hair and accent. Hopefully he might be in it more next week. Even with PF's limited role, it was an enjoyable hour.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - YoungHarryFan - 21-02-2011 12:44 PM

Really enjoyed this first episode, thought Peter was great. I've even got used to the hair, it doesn't seem so bad now.

Peter mentioned in his interview with Ian Wylie that he looked at a couple of parts. Was he considering playing Councillor Huggins??? I can't imagine him in that role although he's such a good actor I'm sure he would have been very convincing.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Naivety - 21-02-2011 05:27 PM

If he'd played Huggins he would have had to have done the scene in the alleyway. I would have found that very uncomfortable to watch.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - YoungHarryFan - 21-02-2011 06:14 PM

(21-02-2011 05:27 PM)Naivety Wrote:  If he'd played Huggins he would have had to have done the scene in the alleyway. I would have found that very uncomfortable to watch.

My thoughts exactly, I just couldn't imagine him playing the role of Huggins especially the alley scene and the girls shower scene. So pleased he picked the part of Snaith.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 22-02-2011 07:49 AM

(21-02-2011 12:44 PM)YoungHarryFan Wrote:  Peter mentioned in his interview with Ian Wylie that he looked at a couple of parts. Was he considering playing Councillor Huggins??? I can't imagine him in that role although he's such a good actor I'm sure he would have been very convincing.

I was wondering too if Huggins was one of the parts he was considering. I for one would pay good money to see him playing the "dirty old goat"! Although it's hard to imagine, when you've seen it played so well by another actor. I'm sure he could have pulled it off though. I think he would have done the alley scene rather well. Slightly reminiscent of the rather desperate and unsexy shower scene in White Angel. I wonder if it's harder for an actor to play bad sex or good sex? Must be a lot more fun to do the bad kind!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - jacko - 22-02-2011 07:58 AM

Could anyone help, i've kept reading about this shower scene in White Angel, but I havn't seen the film, is it just PF on his own or with a woman, lucky her if so.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - jackbristow - 22-02-2011 09:03 AM

What I can remember, he's having a shower & she (forgot name, only remember PF) ends up with him in shower.Wink I thought it was rather a good film. PF's acting is goodSmile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - loladom - 22-02-2011 09:43 AM

Love love lve this so far! Winifred Holtby is a school girl hero of mine and we're quite proud of her as she's from where I grew up.

As for PF, fabulolous as ever. (I agree with his mum though, his Yorkshire accent is a bit forced. He's got all the right vowel sounds, but they no longer sound natural for him.) He looks so very different. I like the hair as a one off, but hope he isn't tempted to reclaim his youth and keep it. Without the hat and with the hair, it makes him look younger, yet fatter in the face. For me though, it makes him seem colder. (Exactly right for the part, I know.) This may seem odd but I've been pondering his weight Smile He must lose and gain weight very quickly because at the end of Spooks, on the roof top, he looks the slimmest I've seen him since his youth. That must have been in July during the recall shots, given the skyline and obvious summer heat. SR was filmed in July/Aug and he appears much chubbier. Now I have no idea why this should intrigue me so!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 22-02-2011 10:24 AM

(22-02-2011 07:49 AM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  I wonder if it's harder for an actor to play bad sex or good sex? Must be a lot more fun to do the bad kind!

I guess it rather depends on whether the actor knows the difference!!