Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - lottanyman - 22-02-2011 11:08 AM

(22-02-2011 09:43 AM)loladom Wrote:  This may seem odd but I've been pondering his weight Smile He must lose and gain weight very quickly because at the end of Spooks, on the roof top, he looks the slimmest I've seen him since his youth. That must have been in July during the recall shots, given the skyline and obvious summer heat. SR was filmed in July/Aug and he appears much chubbier. Now I have no idea why this should intrigue me so!

I've been wondering about this too. There was this one picture with him and a fan taken in July after the roof shots and he was indeed looking very slim. So yesterday when I watched South Riding I was a little surprised to see him a little more "rounded". Maybe he's always been filmed with a not so favourable camera angle ;-) or he visited his Mum in Yorkshire and had a few good meals...

And I've just found this review of the first episode here
Aren't actually most of the actors in South Riding originally from that region? Thought I've read something like that.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - loladom - 22-02-2011 09:34 PM

The review appears to have been taken down. I never respond to blogs but I did that one to point out to the sniping writer that PF is infact from Yorkshire, (after his nasty remarks). Having an opinion is one thing, getting your facts wrong just makes you look like a bitch. And there were plenty of other Yorkshire people in it, including Anna M who grew up in Beverley. What an idiot blogger. Bet I wasn't the only one to comment. I fail to see how SR could get such as nasty write up. tut tut!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 23-02-2011 06:37 PM

(22-02-2011 10:24 AM)picard1109 Wrote:  
(22-02-2011 07:49 AM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  I wonder if it's harder for an actor to play bad sex or good sex? Must be a lot more fun to do the bad kind!

I guess it rather depends on whether the actor knows the difference!!

Hahahaha - yes indeed!

I like to think PF knows the difference though. In White Angel he played sexual inadequacy really well (I too thought it was a good film, thanks to him) but then (in my humble opinion) was very, very sexy in Pleasure Principle.
Well done loladom for putting the blogger in their place - maybe you encouraged them to remove the offending item.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - expat - 23-02-2011 07:33 PM

(23-02-2011 06:37 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  
(22-02-2011 10:24 AM)picard1109 Wrote:  
(22-02-2011 07:49 AM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  I wonder if it's harder for an actor to play bad sex or good sex? Must be a lot more fun to do the bad kind!

I guess it rather depends on whether the actor knows the difference!!

Hahahaha - yes indeed!

I like to think PF knows the difference though. In White Angel he played sexual inadequacy really well (I too thought it was a good film, thanks to him) but then (in my humble opinion) was very, very sexy in Pleasure Principle.
Well done loladom for putting the blogger in their place - maybe you encouraged them to remove the offending item.

For some reason I found PF's in flagrante facial expressions in Pleasure Principle to be just over the top. It made the scenes hilarious, not necessarily as intended. To me. He was lovely to look at otherwise. :-)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 23-02-2011 11:16 PM

True, wasn't thinking so much of the facial expressions. They were quite funny - but probably quite realistic. You know what men are like!!
I've seen quite a few good reviews of South Riding. The ones that aren't so good seem to be taking issue with the subject matter as much as anything. I have to admit, I do find reviewers an irritating race. They don't really think they're being clever unless they're being a bit disparaging. Dismissing something as "appealing to the Sunday night costume drama brigade" is pretty offensive. Often costume dramas are good because the original writing came from someone with a great deal more literary talent and imagination than your average Sunday night critic!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - cateau1 - 24-02-2011 11:06 AM

Oh thank heavens I'm not alone in not liking (the otherwise gorgeous) PF's in-flagrante facial expression. Thought it reminded me of ... No, never mind I won't go there!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 24-02-2011 07:36 PM

???

Intriguing!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - yorkshiretyke - 24-02-2011 07:47 PM

Interview with Peter...

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/589-peter-firth-discusses-spooks-cast-turnover

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Naivety - 24-02-2011 08:07 PM

What I wouldn't give for one of these interviews to be done by a true Spooks fan!! These TV pundits always trot out the same questions and never probe enough (for me anyway).

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Forever Secret - 24-02-2011 08:14 PM

*clicks* Thanks for that!
Haha, "I can tell you nothing"
Makes me kind of nervous and happy at the same time, happy that , if he knows nothing about S10 there can be no spoilers yet, and nervous because that means anything could happen, especially when they talk about Harry living through the whole Series Series after Series and killing off characters in each Series
I'd be so upset if Harry left or was killed Wink

Very good interview...and may I add Peters lookin' pretty good, especially without the South Riding blonde wig Wink

(24-02-2011 08:07 PM)Naivety Wrote:  What I wouldn't give for one of these interviews to be done by a true Spooks fan!! These TV pundits always trot out the same questions and never probe enough (for me anyway).

ahhh I'd love to see that too, true fans asking the questions, although we might not get any answers Tongue
Perhaps though it's good sometimes not to ask too many questions Wink

Aww the question about "Who do you miss the most?" was sweet, I miss Ros too... it's not the same without Ros somehow, that was one of the downsides to S9,