Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 24-02-2011 08:17 PM

(24-02-2011 08:07 PM)Naivety Wrote:  What I wouldn't give for one of these interviews to be done by a true Spooks fan!! These TV pundits always trot out the same questions and never probe enough (for me anyway).

Agreed.

He side-stepped the "What plots would you like to see" question rather eloquently, don't you think? If it were me, I'd probably get in trouble for saying something like, "Not my job!"

Sweet that he misses, Ros/Hermoine. I do too...

RE: Peter Firth #2 - langley - 24-02-2011 08:30 PM

What a fantastic interview! Thanks for posting! I was surprised to hear him say that series 9 has been lauded as the best. I think it's one of the worst. Of course I LOVE that Ruth is back and I love all the H/R scenes, but the whole crazy plot twist with Lucas/John was completely nonsensical.
And I miss Ros so much, too!!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Forever Secret - 24-02-2011 08:35 PM

I'm with you on the "S9 is the best Series" thing langley Wink
I thought S8 was better, and that what happened to Lucas was what made S9 fall down,
had Lucas left the show without the whole John Bateman storyline I think it would have been a lot better Wink

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 24-02-2011 08:47 PM

Super interview. Peter does seem to get a little sweaty when he does an interview to camera though. Perhaps he should carry a little powder puff around Wink I am greatful for no spoilers and yes the interviewer did ask one or two daft questions. Is this the hair we will get for series 10 then? Short and a bit fluffy? Hawwwwrrrrry's back, bless. Big Grin

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Aria - 24-02-2011 10:54 PM

Lovely interview. Peter looks great and I'm already counting down till the autumn.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 24-02-2011 11:04 PM

(24-02-2011 08:47 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Peter does seem to get a little sweaty when he does an interview to camera though. Perhaps he should carry a little powder puff around Wink

Hahaha! No, no TL. Power cakes and looks worse. I am reliably informed that the best thing is an ice pack on the back of the neck or a gentle fan pointing at his face. Cool

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 24-02-2011 11:41 PM

Thanks for posting. Nice to see the boy au naturale albeit a bit hot and bothered!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - PactumServa - 25-02-2011 02:27 AM

PF is such a good sport about these things, and he's looking well. I'm a little bit nervous about the comment that they've run out of story lines...

RE: Peter Firth #2 - expat - 25-02-2011 03:28 AM

I do like the hair, Tea Lady. And the facial expressions are priceless :-)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Silktie - 25-02-2011 06:33 AM

Thanks, great to hear The Man talking about the show. Poor guy must be really tired of getting the same old questions, though. No wonder he's done less and less promotional press over the years. I'd also leave the young guns to trot out the same old answers to the same old questions.

He is looking great. I love the shorter hair, didn't care much for the longer hair in season 9. D'you think it was necessary to get the South Riding wig to stick? Tongue I'm rather hoping it's character related, and that the short hair means Harry will kick some ass in season 10.

Or maybe Ruth asked him to cut it, haha. NW did say in one of her episode commentaries in season 4 that she loved him with short hair.