Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 25-02-2011 07:43 AM

(24-02-2011 11:04 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  
(24-02-2011 08:47 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Peter does seem to get a little sweaty when he does an interview to camera though. Perhaps he should carry a little powder puff around Wink

Hahaha! No, no TL. Power cakes and looks worse. I am reliably informed that the best thing is an ice pack on the back of the neck or a gentle fan pointing at his face. Cool

I volunteer to hold the fan (and press the ice pack to his neck between scenes!)

Lovely interview. He is looking good. Yes, there is a big hole where Ros used to be. I still haven't got over the loss of Zaf either.

I'm glad S9 was well received as it's so important for the good reviews to encourage them to keep the series going. Surely, though, no-one could possibly think the Lucas/John thing was a winner.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 25-02-2011 02:24 PM

Personally, I thought S9 was the worst one. I got really fed up with the Lucas storyline. Not nearly enough Harry bits for my liking! I hope they sort that out for S10. It should be all about Harry!!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Forever Secret - 25-02-2011 03:00 PM

(25-02-2011 06:33 AM)Silktie Wrote:  He is looking great. I love the shorter hair, didn't care much for the longer hair in season 9. D'you think it was necessary to get the South Riding wig to stick? Tongue I'm rather hoping it's character related, and that the short hair means Harry will kick some ass in season 10.

Or maybe Ruth asked him to cut it, haha. NW did say in one of her episode commentaries in season 4 that she loved him with short hair.

Big Grin Glad to hear I'm not the only one who wasn't much of a fan of the longer hair in S9 Tongue Much prefer it short, like in 4.9 where NW said the short hair was great Big Grin

(25-02-2011 02:24 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  Personally, I thought S9 was the worst one. I got really fed up with the Lucas storyline. Not nearly enough Harry bits for my liking! I hope they sort that out for S10. It should be all about Harry!!

I thought S6 was probably the worst but S9 wasn't fair behind, mainly because of the Lucas storyline,
Oh yes please! Big Grin More Harry... but not too much, I think one of the mistakes of S9 was that the Series was too focused around Lucas,
None of the other Series were really character based, and there are some things about Harry's past I think should remain secret Wink
But the way S9 left off, I'm guessing S10 will be all about Harry Wink

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Nitrus - 25-02-2011 10:29 PM

If we could steer the conversation back onto Peter Firth, we have separate discussion threads for discussion of which is the better series and things like that. Smile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 25-02-2011 10:40 PM

Steer the talk back to Peter Firth. Oh well, if I must, I suppose! Just been watching Dominick Hide which was very sweet. I particularly liked the shot at the end of him holding the baby in the sea. Those lovely strong arms seemed very good at baby-holding. Last night watched Perfect Husband. Marvelled at PF's diving skills. Is it possible that I might be just a touch obsessed, with a little rose-tinted blind spot of my own? Blush

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 26-02-2011 10:02 AM

(25-02-2011 06:33 AM)Silktie Wrote:  He is looking great. I love the shorter hair, didn't care much for the longer hair in season 9. D'you think it was necessary to get the South Riding wig to stick? Tongue I'm rather hoping it's character related, and that the short hair means Harry will kick some ass in season 10.

Or maybe Ruth asked him to cut it, haha. NW did say in one of her episode commentaries in season 4 that she loved him with short hair.

Long, short, mohican, coco the clown look, I think I love Peter in what ever hair he chooses to wear Wink In fact the South Riding hair seems to look a bit "papier mache" like, at the front. They must have used a hell of a lot of Pritt Stick on that creation.

Just started watching "Born of Fire." It's another Peter classic where I can only watch 10mins at a time. Wink I think Peter needs to work on his flute miming though. He clearly takes a breath sometimes when the flute music is still being played over the scene. In fact there seems to be some strange flute music being played all the time in the film. Can hardly hear what is being said. Actually, that may be a blessing in disguise. Wink

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 26-02-2011 11:53 AM

That one sounds like a winner, Tea Lady! Big Grin

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 26-02-2011 02:44 PM

I was looking closely at pics of PF and his South Riding wig. Did he mention that he brought the wig in? If he did, it is a very good one. Looks to me like they shaved the sides of his head and dyed the hair blonder to match the hair piece. The wig itself is just the tippy-top of his head - much like a toupe. I thought they might have mixed some of his own hair in, but am not certain about that. The only time you can see the mesh is in the very front when his brow creases, but you'd have to know what you are looking for. A still photo helps.

So maybe we will get a two-tone Harry in S10? (Just joking....)

The things I do to while away the time while I wait for South Riding in May....Angel

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 26-02-2011 04:08 PM

(26-02-2011 02:44 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I was looking closely at pics of PF and his South Riding wig. Did he mention that he brought the wig in? If he did, it is a very good one. Looks to me like they shaved the sides of his head and dyed the hair blonder to match the hair piece. The wig itself is just the tippy-top of his head - much like a toupe. I thought they might have mixed some of his own hair in, but am not certain about that. The only time you can see the mesh is in the very front when his brow creases, but you'd have to know what you are looking for. A still photo helps.

So maybe we will get a two-tone Harry in S10? (Just joking....)

The things I do to while away the time while I wait for South Riding in May....Angel

You do make me laugh A Cousin Wink

For those that didn't catch this photo on twitter or the PFF last week, here's one of Peter with fluffy hair. Looking at the clothes, it appers to have been taken when he did the interview for Cultbox (I'm guessing.)

http://yfrog.com/h0u8dtmj

RE: Peter Firth #2 - yorkshiretyke - 26-02-2011 04:22 PM

What a lovely photo and it looks like he has a Harry overcoat on!