Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Silktie - 26-02-2011 05:04 PM

I like his hair in that pic, if it looks like that for Spooks season 10 I'll be happy. Just looked at the promo for the DVD release again, and PF's interview. Gee, he's really charming, isn't he. The way he so profusely thanks the (rather bad) interviewer afterwards makes me laugh - I'm sure that lovely smile would melt any woman's heart.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - watchstrap - 26-02-2011 05:08 PM

Thanks for all the lovely interviews posted over the last 3 weeks. I am trying desparately to catch up on return from my holiday and am really enjoying it all. Looking forward to watching SR this evening on iplayer as there wasn't a listing date for it when I left the UK and couldn't record.

PF's short buzz cut gets my vote as my all time favourite hair!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 26-02-2011 05:41 PM

(26-02-2011 04:22 PM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  What a lovely photo and it looks like he has a Harry overcoat on!

Yes, I think you are right Yorkshiretyke. I thought he just had a shirt and suit jacket on, but he definitely has a Harry coat over the top of the suit jacket.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 26-02-2011 08:04 PM

He looks terrific in that photo. Lucky woman, whoever she is.

Check this out:
http://www.becomeaspook.com/submitUser.php

It's a game that's linked to the S9 release. Voiceover by PF. Get the mission wrong (as I did) and there's a video of Harry telling you off!!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 27-02-2011 01:20 AM

Hahaha - that was a blast!

I was quite looking forward to hearing Harry telling me off, but I got him telling me how wonderful I was, which I can assure you was equally thrilling!!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - yorkshiretyke - 28-02-2011 06:20 PM

Another great Interview with Peter....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s120/spooks/tubetalk/a306232/qa-peter-firth-chats-spooks.html

RE: Peter Firth #2 - langley - 28-02-2011 06:32 PM

Thanks for posting, yorkshiretyke, that was SO good! I loved the part about how the Harry/Ruth thing started as off-screen flirting!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Forever Secret - 28-02-2011 06:55 PM

Another great interview Smile Thanks for posting!!
YAY! Harry and Ruth! It's great how he talks about Harry and Ruth, how he and NW started flirting and then that carried on, onscreen! Brilliant Big Grin
"Maybe there will be a happy ending" Oh please... let there be a happy ending, please, *Clings onto some hope* Wink

I watched the second episode of South Riding last night too Wink it was great, again, but I wish there had been more Peter... Loved the scene with his cat Big Grin

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 28-02-2011 07:02 PM

That was a much better interview with much better questions. There were some stock questions in there, but also some more probing questions. Looks to be the same day and place as the last one. Must have been press junket day for him. PF looked much more relaxed. Dog So Small, were you there with a gentle fan? Or perhaps he had TL's power puff available. Big Grin

Harry and Ruth - the great saga. You said it, bub! So lets just get them together so we can get on with the business without the distraction.

I really liked his comment about the "magical" aspect - either it happens or it doesn't. He is so right there.

It's sweet how he downplays his contribution to the Harry character by saying he is just glad to have a job throughout middle age, e.g. "I just wouldn't go away!" There may some truth in that (for which I respect him more) but it is certainly not the whole story. It goes back to the magical aspect. Some actors call it luck: the right actor in the right role at the right time. As I say to young actors, luck may get you the job, but skill keeps you in it!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - MrsHat - 28-02-2011 07:45 PM

One thing that always amazes me is how softly spoken PF is, surprises me every time I see an interview and that he's always very gracious Heart