Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 01-03-2011 09:35 PM

I think it's a real shame they didn't make South Riding into 6 episodes. There was more than enough material in the book and there would have been much more time to develop character and build the suspense in the relationship between Carne and Sarah. If I hadn't read the book I'm not sure what I would be making of the speed-reading through people's emotions that we're being handed. There's not enough time to learn to care for the characters who are all being so beautifully portrayed. With such a delicious cast of actors, they could have really had a good time with this, and included more of the book's wit and insight. It's all beautifully done - just way too short!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Naivety - 01-03-2011 09:47 PM

I've not read the book, so it's good to know there is more to enjoy about the story by reading it. I like to watch a TV adaptation of a book and then to read the book itself. Never enjoy it so much the other way round.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - MrsHat - 02-03-2011 07:10 PM

This is a stupid question and the answer is probably no but does PF do any voice overs for adverts current on british television?

I caught the 'Go Cat' Cat food advert earlier and thought it sounded like him Huh

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 02-03-2011 07:22 PM

I'm sure I've read on here that he does the Go-Cat advert. I haven't seen it though, so I can't confirm.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - YoungHarryFan - 02-03-2011 08:28 PM

(02-03-2011 07:10 PM)MrsHat Wrote:  I caught the 'Go Cat' Cat food advert earlier and thought it sounded like him Huh

It definitely is him, if you go to the "Go Cat" website you can see the advert and listen to his wonderful voice Smile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 02-03-2011 09:33 PM

I wish he'd do more adverts - his voice is sublime. I'd particularly like him to do some funny ads - he's got a great sense of humour but doesn't get much chance to use it professionally.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Naivety - 04-03-2011 07:03 AM

Found this interview with Peter in the Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1362780/After-series-Spooks-Harry-swap-MI5-P45.html

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Fidget - 04-03-2011 07:23 AM

Thanks for the link.......he is in a relationship now .......Sad

RE: Peter Firth #2 - yorkshiretyke - 04-03-2011 07:32 AM

Thanks for that, another good interview....mind you, I stay think he is stringing us along re the H&R business...as for Spooks finishing, I dont think that will be clear cut, it is successful home and abroad, and the BBC know they need to hang on to success!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 04-03-2011 07:39 AM

Thanks for that link. While I would hate to cast aspersions on the credibility of that article, Peter does not have 4 children by his ex-wife Lindsay and he does not live in London. Bit odd for Peter to start talking about his family all of a sudden in the Daily Mail of all places? Anyway, if true and he does have a partner, good on the boy and I hope he is happy. Smile