Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Nixie - 04-03-2011 08:24 AM

Interesting article. Out of interest, Tea Lady, how do you know he doesn't have 4 children nor live in London? Just had a quick squiz on google and PF's imdb site lists 4 children - not that that's infallible by any means!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 04-03-2011 08:37 AM

(04-03-2011 08:24 AM)Nixie Wrote:  Interesting article. Out of interest, Tea Lady, how do you know he doesn't have 4 children nor live in London? Just had a quick squiz on google and PF's imdb site lists 4 children - not that that's infallible by any means!

He has 4 children, but one is from a much earlier marriage. As for where he lives, it's discussed quite a lot on the Peter Firth Forum and is in Buckinghamshire. You often get people tweeting that they have bumped into him in the local post office or Sainsburys.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Nixie - 04-03-2011 11:18 AM

Thanks, Tea Lady.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - langley - 04-03-2011 12:07 PM

OK, that's settled. When I go to England to watch the premiere of Series 10, I'm staying in Buckinghamshire and hanging out at the post office. Thanks, Tea Lady!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 04-03-2011 01:34 PM

(04-03-2011 12:07 PM)langley Wrote:  OK, that's settled. When I go to England to watch the premiere of Series 10, I'm staying in Buckinghamshire and hanging out at the post office. Thanks, Tea Lady!

Hi Langley,
Well, Buckinghamshire's a county and a big place, so I suggest you hang around Marlow. He lives around those parts, apparently (mentioned in several articles). Probably half of the tourist population in Marlow is there to catch a glimpse of PF!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - langley - 04-03-2011 01:39 PM

Thanks, Picard1109, Marlow it is! I can't even afford the airfare.
I need get Kudos to fly me over there and meet the cast.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Silktie - 04-03-2011 02:50 PM

Thanks for the link. He really is doing the publicity rounds this time, poor guy. Maybe it's because RA is already away to film The Hobbit and isn't available?

I too don't put too much stock in PF's hints about HR developments in season 10. He doesn't have any input in the scripts, so it's just wishful thinking on his part. I do love that he's so keen on them getting together, though. I also like the comment that Harry'll be busy in season 10 - hopefully that means a strong season for the character.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 04-03-2011 03:17 PM

He may also be on the offensive with Kudos, to make sure Harry makes it past ep 1 of S10 !!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Forever Secret - 04-03-2011 04:55 PM

It's always good to see new inteviews... even if it is the Daily Mail... never been a fan of the Daily Mail to be honest Wink

Anyhoooo I do find it great that Peter want's Ruth and Harry to get together... maybe just maybe the writters will listen to him Wink And listen to us as well, after listening to the S9 commentary I'd say the writters want it to happen as well... seems like the majority wants Ruth and Harry together but whether or not they will is another story Tongue

Seems like S10 is going to be a very Harry influenced Series and surely he'll stick around for the entire series and not be killed off at some point Wink

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Naivety - 04-03-2011 08:57 PM

I don't read the Daily Mail, honest! I found the link on Twitter. I'm following someone called Spooks Lexicon and it was on a post/tweet.

I think the fact that there is suddenly a lot of talk about H and R and the suggestion there may be some movement in Series 10 is a bit of a tease to be honest. In the absence of a real cliffhanger, they are using the Harry and Ruth thing as a way of retaining existing fans. Peter may plead ignorance about scripts but I think he has more input than he lets on.