Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 05-03-2011 01:22 AM

I think you're probably right, Naivety - not so naive after all!!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - cateau1 - 05-03-2011 04:21 AM

*Sobs into cup of sweet tea* PF says he is in a relationship with a strong woman (Mail Online). Suicida I'm trying to be strong, truly I am.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Nixie - 05-03-2011 05:25 AM

(05-03-2011 04:21 AM)cateau1 Wrote:  *Sobs into cup of sweet tea* PF says he is in a relationship with a strong woman (Mail Online). Suicida I'm trying to be strong, truly I am.

LMAO! Well, Thank God he likes strong women, I say! Should be more of that ilk out there Wink

Hmm, though, as long as he likes strong women for the right reason, i.e. NOT because they can look after him and he can be weak, but because he appreciates them for their strength (equal partnership not dependency).

RE: Peter Firth #2 - HellsBells - 05-03-2011 06:36 PM

It does seem that PF is doing a lot to promote interest in Spooks series 10. I agree with Naivety, that is probably because that there was no big cliffhanger.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 06-03-2011 09:37 AM

Everything points to them not originally believing that there would be a series 10. If that means that they are using PF to build up the interest in it, that can only be a very good sign. They must appreciate that he is the star attraction so are unlikely to bump him off or boot him out right at the beginning. I cling to small hopes! Also, very happy to be manipulated by lots and lots of pre-season encouragement to attend by Peter!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 06-03-2011 11:26 AM

(06-03-2011 09:37 AM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  Everything points to them not originally believing that there would be a series 10. If that means that they are using PF to build up the interest in it, that can only be a very good sign. They must appreciate that he is the star attraction so are unlikely to bump him off or boot him out right at the beginning. I cling to small hopes! Also, very happy to be manipulated by lots and lots of pre-season encouragement to attend by Peter!

I think it's more that we didn't get a cliff-hanger at the end of S9, which is partly why Peter is doing so much publicity. Also, he is probably the only big name available. RA is in New Zealand and NW is still at the National. The DVD release date fits in nicely with Peter being in the UK, ready for filming to start for S10.

I always felt S10 was a go. The commentary for 9.7 also makes several references to the writers getting Ruth to a certain "place," ready for S10.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Silktie - 06-03-2011 03:33 PM

I'm holding out hope that the reason for PF doing so much of the publicity is because his character will play a major rule in season 10. They still have Sophia Myles and Max Brown to call on, don't they? I wonder why they haven't done any publicity.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 06-03-2011 04:00 PM

(06-03-2011 03:33 PM)Silktie Wrote:  I'm holding out hope that the reason for PF doing so much of the publicity is because his character will play a major rule in season 10. They still have Sophia Myles and Max Brown to call on, don't they? I wonder why they haven't done any publicity.

Well, I'll go out on a limb and say that Harry is the one left that most fans would be invested in. Sadly, neither Beth nor Dimitri have been sufficiently developed for any of us to be as invested - IMO of course. (Kudos - if you are reading, re: Beth and Dimitri, interesting characters, great actors - MORE please!)

From a business of the business POV, here's my theory. PF wanted a raise (to be expected with each new series I would think) but with the cuts and all they negotiated a deal that he had to have massive promo duties written into his contract. It remains to be seen whether or not he will do the same amount for the beginning of the S10.

As for Max Brown and Sophia Myles, maybe they are just busy now and in reserve for later? I would be very surprised if either of them were in a position to negotiate promo duties out of their contracts. Less for Ms. Myles than Mr. Brown. IMDb is saying that Max Brown is currently filming Love Tomorrow. Time will tell.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - yorkshiretyke - 07-03-2011 07:47 PM

Come on then, who has been stalking Peter ??...poor man has to move!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-1363864/Spooks-actor-Peter-Firth-selling-Marlow-flat-little-privacy.html

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 07-03-2011 08:03 PM

Ha, ha! He must have read on here that Langley's booked her flight and is headed for the post office!

That's a surprisingly candid article. Peter's financial acumen seems almost as good as my own. Confused