Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 07-03-2011 08:05 PM

(07-03-2011 07:47 PM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  Come on then, who has been stalking Peter ??...poor man has to move!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-1363864/Spooks-actor-Peter-Firth-selling-Marlow-flat-little-privacy.html

Hah! Thanks for posting that YorkshireTyke! Yahoo

Here's the property listing if you fancy a look inside Peter's life:
http://www.ballards-uk.com/propertyDetails.php?pid=351191

Nice place!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 07-03-2011 08:39 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm totally totally confused by this article. What is Peter doing? Two personal articles in the space of a week? Has he a new agent or something? Why has he allowed details to be released (I assume he has, and it's not just a third hand story as there is a photo.)

1) Surely the publicity will not help his house sell, so why publicise the sale in a national newspaper? A fan isn't going to buy it.

2) If he wants some privacy, why let everyone know where you live. What if it takes 12 months to sell his house?

3) Why let everyone know where you are moving to, if you want privacy?

I'm sorry, but I don't get it. Confused

RE: Peter Firth #2 - yorkshiretyke - 07-03-2011 08:58 PM

mmmm, maybe he intends to rent it out if it doesn't sell and when spooks starts filming he lives in london ...his new contract must have come through if he can afford a bigger house, or maybe just maybe he has had the whiff of season 11 as well as 10...Oh no that's just wishful thinking!!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Naivety - 07-03-2011 08:59 PM

If we all lived a bit closer we could go and view it!! Silba

I hope that this window into his private life doesn't suggest that he is putting himself about so that he is offered new projects. That could be a definite sign that series 10 is the last.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 07-03-2011 09:23 PM

(07-03-2011 08:59 PM)Naivety Wrote:  I hope that this window into his private life doesn't suggest that he is putting himself about so that he is offered new projects. That could be a definite sign that series 10 is the last.

That did cross my mind Naivety Undecided

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 07-03-2011 10:24 PM

I think he's just capitalising on his celebrity to sell his apartment. But I hope he HAS got a new agent who's 'putting him about' a bit more - he should be milking his success from Spooks for everything it's worth. I note, thought, that his IMDB page is still woefully inadequate, so perhaps not. Perhaps it's just a spike in publicity and he'll go quiet again.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Nixie - 07-03-2011 10:34 PM

Thanks for that article - very interesting. Guess it's one way of attracting potential buyers - was the RE agent behind the article?

Looks like he'll be staying in the same area - for someone who wants to move to gain greater privacy, odd that he would give even that much away?

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 07-03-2011 10:35 PM

Maybe he wasn't telling the truth...

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 08-03-2011 08:12 AM

Creating a legend Wink

He should look slightly further afield. We have lots of celebrities in my neck of Hampshire and we treat them like "normal" folk! Smile (that's my welcoming smile!)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - penfold - 08-03-2011 09:31 AM

Much as I love Peter and welcome articles/pics of him, I think this is a bit of a silly move on his part.
If you follow the link on the Agent's site you can get his address - and what if, as TeaLady says, it takes 12 months to sell the house?
The article without the picture would have been good enough!