Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Nixie - 08-03-2011 09:43 AM

I would imagine that in agreeing to the publicity, he would be aware of the consequences, so I would suspect he has already moved out and is living elsewhere.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - langley - 08-03-2011 01:40 PM

It IS strange that they'd reveal his address, because I would definitely go there and try to say hello if I were in England and now all of his fans know where he lives so he could get mobbed by autograph seekers. Does he have a place in London as well? He must be living there now to start shooting Spooks.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - guy lafleur - 08-03-2011 01:57 PM

I can`t believe he would break such a simple spook rule ,you would think he would know better.What if a nightingale member saw it.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tineke - 08-03-2011 02:09 PM

I'm curious, who would make the effort to visit where PF lives? And why?

RE: Peter Firth #2 - guy lafleur - 08-03-2011 02:24 PM

there`s plenty of nuts out there and you never know.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - penfold - 08-03-2011 03:22 PM

(08-03-2011 01:57 PM)guy lafleur Wrote:  I can`t believe he would break such a simple spook rule ,you would think he would know better.What if a nightingale member saw it.

Wouldn't want them nipping round with a bottle of eminently quaffable 30 year old malt, would we? Wink

RE: Peter Firth #2 - HellsBells - 08-03-2011 04:04 PM

It is definitely a very candid interview for PF. He probably has already moved out that property but for someone who wants more privacy it seemed odd to mention where he was looking to purchase another property.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 08-03-2011 04:20 PM

(08-03-2011 03:22 PM)penfold Wrote:  
(08-03-2011 01:57 PM)guy lafleur Wrote:  I can`t believe he would break such a simple spook rule ,you would think he would know better.What if a nightingale member saw it.

Wouldn't want them nipping round with a bottle of eminently quaffable 30 year old malt, would we? Wink

Haha! Good one, Penfold!

Well, I am going to cut the guy some slack. Let him enjoy his fame a bit and get his face out there. Even weird publicity is publicity. Look at how many of us have now seen the advert for the place? Could be a selling point. They also don't seem very concerned about moving a property pretty quickly in that particular area. He could be living with the girlfriend while he makes his move. But that is just a guess.

As for the privacy issue, seems to me that the issue isn't fans hunting him down to camp out in front of his house and harass him (sadly - "we" could do that if we wanted to no matter what Blush but choose not to.) but how exposed the property is in general. Even if he is broadcasting where he is moving to, it still seems kind of general to me? Of course, I don't know the area. He could always purchase a house that has walls and gates which would less generally accessible than he seems to be now from the odd passer-by as he is sipping on his whisky in his garden or running out the door late for work.

On a side note, I had no idea that his youngest child was quite that young when he started Spooks. He/she would have been 5? The reason I bring it up goes back to the issue of personal privacy. I am sure his kids must visit him. As a parent, I'd be a lot more inclined to protect my kids from the magnifying glass of public scrutiny at 5 than I would be at 15. By the time they are 15, its time to come to terms with the idea that you are the child of a celebrity.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Silktie - 08-03-2011 04:26 PM

Did PF feature in the third episode of South Riding at all?

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 08-03-2011 06:07 PM

(08-03-2011 04:26 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Did PF feature in the third episode of South Riding at all?

Yes, a little bit. Included the scene with him talking to his cat.

I was very disappointed with South Riding, on the whole. I watched the first one, then fastforwarded through most of the 2nd and 3rd to the PF bits.