Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Nia M - 08-03-2011 08:09 PM

(08-03-2011 06:07 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  
(08-03-2011 04:26 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Did PF feature in the third episode of South Riding at all?

Yes, a little bit. Included the scene with him talking to his cat.

I was very disappointed with South Riding, on the whole. I watched the first one, then fastforwarded through most of the 2nd and 3rd to the PF bits.
I'm the other way around; I went in this to watch pretty much only the PF bits, ended up addicted to the whole thing. Clearly this sort of period drama is just my cup of tea, with or without Peter Firth... Heart

RE: Peter Firth #2 - yorkshiretyke - 08-03-2011 08:23 PM

I thought South Riding was very good, and very true to book, my only complaint is that it was a bit rushed and should have stretched over a few more episodes

RE: Peter Firth #2 - watchstrap - 08-03-2011 08:44 PM

(08-03-2011 04:20 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Well, I am going to cut the guy some slack. Let him enjoy his fame a bit and get his face out there. Even weird publicity is publicity. Look at how many of us have now seen the advert for the place? Could be a selling point. They also don't seem very concerned about moving a property pretty quickly in that particular area. He could be living with the girlfriend while he makes his move. But that is just a guess.

I'm with you on this one, cut him some slack. He must have moved out or he would be mad to give out his address. It is Spring, the best time to put your place on the market. Also, the property market in the UK is banging along the bottom and has been for some time. Anyone wanting to upsize should move now really. I wondered if the Estate Agent talked him into this publicity, you know what they are like!

With regard to privacy, I think the problem is the central location of this place. It's handy for the town centre so he probably pops out on foot a lot of the time and encounters all those folk asking about Spooks. Moving to a village property a bit further out would mean less passers by and he could come and go by car more.

I did giggle about how tidy it looked. I wondered if like me he stuffed all his crap behind the sofas when the photographer came round. It's very tiring keeping a house neat for all those viewings. Another reason to move out!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 08-03-2011 09:10 PM

(08-03-2011 08:23 PM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  I thought South Riding was very good, and very true to book, my only complaint is that it was a bit rushed and should have stretched over a few more episodes

Dito. I thought it was very good but too short. I just realised though, the scene where Peter is cuddling Edgar was cut. It was on the BBC publicity advert but I don't remember seeing that scene in the show.

As for Peter's house, he can't be living there surely? I know you tidy up for estate agents, stuffing socks off the radiators into drawers etc but it doesn't look lived in. I have always wondered where Peter lays his head during Spooks filming and assumed it was back home in Marlow. Only because he has often been seen with a driver at the studios.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - expat - 09-03-2011 01:27 AM

(07-03-2011 08:05 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  Here's the property listing if you fancy a look inside Peter's life:
http://www.ballards-uk.com/propertyDetails.php?pid=351191

Nice place!

So, our fellow fancies orchids and watching TV in bed? I could learn to live with that :-)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Obsession - 09-03-2011 05:06 AM

I was rather sad to learn in this article that he is twice divorced. What went wrong for the poor guy?
Something I was enlightened about is the age of his children. If the oldest is a son and looks half as georgous as Peter was at that age, I'd love to meet him. He'd be the right age for me Smile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 09-03-2011 07:52 AM

Apparently Peter is on Lorraine this morning at 8.30am. Thank goodness for twitter and being off sick Wink

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=87726649

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tineke - 09-03-2011 09:52 AM

Did you watch it Tea Lady?

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 09-03-2011 09:58 AM

It was a no show! I wonder what happened? The show tweeted this morning that he was going to be on there and he's on all the tv listings!! Odd. Sorry if anyone got excited.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 09-03-2011 03:17 PM

(09-03-2011 05:06 AM)Obsession Wrote:  I was rather sad to learn in this article that he is twice divorced. What went wrong for the poor guy?
Something I was enlightened about is the age of his children. If the oldest is a son and looks half as georgous as Peter was at that age, I'd love to meet him. He'd be the right age for me Smile

I *think* his first wife was an Irish dancer? Pretty sure that his oldest is her child. I could be completely wrong about this. I am kind of skeeving myself that I know this. I usually try to ignore their personal lives. I just picked it up somewhere, filed it away and have not thought about it until now. I can't even give you references for where I got the info. It could very well be imperfect.

As for the second one - who knows? She was/is an actress too. I speak from experience when I say that it is very hard living with and raising a family with two inconsistently employed actors. Tensions arise. No one can really know unless we walk in their shoes.

Didn't PF mention that his oldest was thinking of entering The Family Business? I suppose they would keep the development of juniors career under wraps. He would probably want to do it on his own. I keep looking out for him though!
(09-03-2011 09:58 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  It was a no show! I wonder what happened? The show tweeted this morning that he was going to be on there and he's on all the tv listings!! Odd. Sorry if anyone got excited.

Maybe he just got sick. It happens. Maybe they will reschedule?