Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 10-03-2011 04:40 PM

Sorry to post two in a row but I couldn't resist sharing this article. It dates back to just before the film version of Equus hit. They are the words of a very young PF but give some insight into the roles to which he's drawn to this day. Must have been right about the time he left his Mercedes 300 CE in the car park for 3 years! Wink

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=4wRFAAAAIBAJ&sjid=yboMAAAAIBAJ&pg=2032,5655669&dq=peter+firth+equus&hl=en

Pay no attention to the adverts. They bear no relation to the article. But I hear you can get some super buys on snowmobile gear for the whole family! Tongue

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Naivety - 10-03-2011 06:53 PM

He sounds like such a laid back guy. That was a great article - how on Earth did you find it?

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 10-03-2011 07:05 PM

(10-03-2011 06:53 PM)Naivety Wrote:  That was a great article - how on Earth did you find it?

My crack research skills, of course! Big Grin

Seriously, dumb luck. Emphasis on the "dumb!" Smile I typed "Peter Firth, Equus" into Google. All the time with Harry's words: "Can anyone give me some information they didn't get from entering Sons of Phineas into Google?!?" Wink I was looking up some info re: Equus for a friend on another (non-Spooks) forum and this time line popped up.

http://www.google.com/search?q=equus%2C+peter+firth&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=equus,+peter+firth&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Aul&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivnso&tbs=tl:1&tbo=u&ei=NR95TZyDPaSJ0QGWv8ntAw&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&resnum=16&ved=0CIgBEOcCMA8&bav=on.2,or.&fp=bfd1057040a6822d

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Naivety - 10-03-2011 07:22 PM

I'm impressed!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 10-03-2011 07:27 PM

Nice find, A Cousin! So at that age he chain smoked and had a staccato way of speaking...he certainly has changed!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 10-03-2011 07:44 PM

And he had a "Princess"! lol!

Here's another I came across from the same period from the Sarasota Herald-Tribune, this one interviewing Sidney Lumet. Its interesting not only because they mis-attribute PF as Peter Finch (after correctly attributing him the first time!) but because Sidney Lumet almost chickened out making Equus. Then where would our boys Oscar and Golden Globe nomination have been? It is also interesting to note that Sidney Lumet did not consider anyone else for the role of Alan Strang.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=-E40AAAAIBAJ&sjid=QmcEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6857,4233323&dq=equus+peter+firth&hl=en

RE: Peter Firth #2 - penfold - 10-03-2011 08:08 PM

Stunning detective work there, Cousin!

Lovely insight into the younger Peter. Thanks!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 10-03-2011 08:24 PM

Very interesting articles from the old days of newspaper clippings, A Cousin (googling Equus for "a friend", eh? Wink). The mention of Peter Finch is a genuine one - an older English actor who died of a heart attack. PF does have an interesting outlook on life, doesn't he?

By the way, I was called a strong woman at work today. It made me smile! Smile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 11-03-2011 01:38 AM

(10-03-2011 08:24 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  Very interesting articles from the old days of newspaper clippings, A Cousin (googling Equus for "a friend", eh? Wink).

Why, Dog So Small, whatever could you mean!?! Angel

Truth be told, the young PF does absolutely nothing for me. 40+ PF is where its at for me.

You are right about Peter Finch. I misread it at first.

He did have an interesting outlook on life back then. Seems like your average garden variety 20-something actor of the '70's. I would hate to have some of the things I said at 21 immortalized like that. He speaks now of the lofty artistic ideals he had at that time. Which comes through in this article.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Naivety - 11-03-2011 06:53 AM

The older Peter Firth certainly has more sex appeal for me. He was lovely in The Pleasure Principle, but there is something about the Harry Pearce character that does it for me! Smile