Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Silktie - 12-03-2011 06:34 AM

Very interesting article, thanks for posting. So he likes to play disturbed characters then. Hah, I'm sure in some sense one could also put Harry in that category.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 12-03-2011 01:18 PM

Thanks for those articles A Cousin. I didn't know Equus was filmed in Canada. Very interesting.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 12-03-2011 02:53 PM

(12-03-2011 06:34 AM)Silktie Wrote:  So he likes to play disturbed characters then. Hah, I'm sure in some sense one could also put Harry in that category.

I'd agree. I think Harry and Spooks in general is the best of both worlds for PF. It is the perfect meeting of a slightly disturbed character and main stream production. Add to this, despite him being nothing like Harry in real life, there is a strain of SHP in him as an actor that he taps into instinctively. The right role found him and he didn't have to sell out in a way his younger self avoided.
(12-03-2011 01:18 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I didn't know Equus was filmed in Canada. Very interesting.

I didn't know that either. Tons of US based productions are filmed in Canada now. Its a symbiotic relationship. US productions get more bang for their buck and Canada gets a little kick back economically. I don't know if this would have been on the leading edge of this trend or if they were jumping on the bandwagon. My instinct is that it is leading edge, but I could be wrong.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 12-03-2011 07:49 PM

I watched a documentary on (UK) History channel this afternoon, called "Inside the body of Henry VIII" (or something like that) and PF was the narrator. Pretty gruesome stuff. It'll probably be on again soon, if you want to look out for it.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 13-03-2011 09:20 AM

My goodness. Here's another one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/fameandfortune/8376561/Peter-Firth-I-spend-money-beautifully.html

What's next? "My favourite slow cooker recipes by Peter Firth," in the Sunday Times or "What do I carry in my manbag," in the Sunday Express ??

Please get some life cover Peter. From an insurance worker, it's worth it.

As for holidays...Anyone for a trip to Port Andratx??? Big Grin

RE: Peter Firth #2 - pepelow - 13-03-2011 09:43 AM

Thanks for the link, TeaLady. Whatever possessed someone who is supposed to be so private to open up and talk about finances, of all things? So I guess he no longer has the Maserati Cambiocorsa with the floppy pedal? I've been told that a man in love does crazy things, but this is getting a little much. We're only just getting used to the idea that he's with some strong woman and now comes disclosure of an ex girlfriend with whom he was close enough to discuss personal finances. Now I'm dying to find out who is she and what has she done with the hitherto publicity shy PF?! Huh

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 13-03-2011 10:36 AM

That article really made me laugh a lot. When it comes to finances at least, PF and I are identical twins!!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - yorkshiretyke - 13-03-2011 10:36 AM

What is he playing at?? I am really starting to think that he is putting himself out there for more work i.e this is the last season of Spooks ! or possibly/hopefully with the shorter series of 6 episides he just needs more work..

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 13-03-2011 10:40 AM

I think this new attitude to interviews speaks of a very relaxed and happy PF. He doesn't need to protect his children any more because they are grown up. He seems to just be honestly answering any question he is asked, which suggests he has no reason to be cagey or cynical and is in a laid back place. Makes me happy for him.

But I agree he is also probably touting for work. If he spends as he earns it means he has to keep on earning, which can only be a good thing for us!! Smile
(12-03-2011 02:53 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  
(12-03-2011 06:34 AM)Silktie Wrote:  So he likes to play disturbed characters then. Hah, I'm sure in some sense one could also put Harry in that category.

I'd agree. I think Harry and Spooks in general is the best of both worlds for PF. It is the perfect meeting of a slightly disturbed character and main stream production. Add to this, despite him being nothing like Harry in real life, there is a strain of SHP in him as an actor that he taps into instinctively. The right role found him and he didn't have to sell out in a way his younger self avoided.

Totally agree with this.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 13-03-2011 12:30 PM

What a delightful article! He's certainly disclosing some very personal stuff. It's great he's letting go and doing more publicity. He's a very interesting bloke. Shame he's not driving a Maserati any more - they're sex on four wheels!

Port Andratx, ay? Very nice. I read another article where he said he'd dropped out for several years and lived in Majorca - not a bad place to hang out. (In fact, I'm probably going on holiday there later this year...not Pt Andratx, though!) He says in the Telegraph article he'd like to retire there, but in yet another fairly recent article he said he'd like to retire to New England. The way he spends money by the sound of it, he's not going to be able to retire at all!