Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 13-03-2011 01:32 PM

(13-03-2011 12:30 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  The way he spends money by the sound of it, he's not going to be able to retire at all!

And he's buying a bigger house !! Good luck to the bloke though. Perhaps he can retire and do boat trips for tourists/PF fans Smile

I thought I recorded that Henry Vlll programme this morning Picard, but it turned out to be something narrated by Stephen Fry and about Tudor food! Never mind. I did learn though that turkey came from Mexico Wink

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 13-03-2011 02:14 PM

(13-03-2011 01:32 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I did learn though that turkey came from Mexico Wink

Wow! And I thought turkey came from Tesco's!!Wink

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 13-03-2011 02:35 PM

(13-03-2011 09:20 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  What's next? "My favourite slow cooker recipes by Peter Firth," in the Sunday Times or "What do I carry in my manbag," in the Sunday Express ??

Hahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wipes tears from eyes....) I'd be kind of curious to know what he carries in his man-bag. Big Grin

Well, that was a very honest interview. Definitely drumming up some face time. More power to him, IMO. I think that it is a rather smart move from a is-there-life-after-Spooks POV. Actors don't retire. In fact, the longer you stay in it, the less competition there is. I hope it means he will be going on for many, many more years.

"The trouble in the acting profession is that there are too many rainy days." There it is in a nutshell. The man has been through a 10 year monsoon. Let him enjoy it! At least he is suspicious of deals too good to be true and uses cash. As they say, In God we trust, all else pay cash! Cool

As for up-scaling hotels on location? Been there. Done it. We have kids. I am NOT staying in some flea bitten hotel with them! Must. Have. Pool! Angel Actors Equity (US) will cover a hotel up to the cost of what they booked. The actor covers the difference if you choose to stay somewhere else. Don't know if it works that way in the UK.

I would imagine that PF gets health insurance through Equity UK? Actors here can opt into life insurance through their union. Pet insurance too! (Yes, we have it. Kitty with allergies....Wink). But I know that the whole insurance system is different over there. But, I would agree. Life insurance is a good thing if only because of the kids.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 13-03-2011 03:05 PM

I'd rather like to read an article about his favourite recipes, actually and see him on one of the celebrity cooking shows. I'm sure I read somewhere that he likes cooking. The kitchen in the apartment he's selling is certainly nice enough to do a lot of cooking in.

I'd also like to see him do one of those travel series. Stephen Fry, Michael Palin, Trevor McDonald and Paul Merton have done them...David Suchet went on the Orient Express...so how about PF's favourite sailing trips? PF and Oz Clarke tour some vineyards or distilleries? PF's Yorkshire?

RE: Peter Firth #2 - YoungHarryFan - 13-03-2011 03:40 PM

Or how about an appearance on Saturday Kitchen.

What a week, where is he going to pop up next??? Maybe his new lady works in PR and has encouraged him to raise his profile. Would love to see him do something which shows more of his sense of humour, how about guest presenter on Have I Got News For You.

(13-03-2011 09:20 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Please get some life cover Peter. From an insurance worker, it's worth it.

If you play your cards right, Tea Lady, he might contact you to sort out his insurance!!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 13-03-2011 03:53 PM

(13-03-2011 03:40 PM)YoungHarryFan Wrote:  Would love to see him do something which shows more of his sense of humour, how about guest presenter on Have I Got News For You.

I would absolutely LOVE to see him as guest presenter on Have I Got News For You, too!! He'd be wonderfully understated and calm among all that chaos.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Silktie - 13-03-2011 04:04 PM

So he likes to spread his good fortune around, does he?

Psst, Mr Firth, loyal fan down here in SA who wouldn't mind some spreading in her direction. *waves*
Preferably delivered in person, of course. Silba

It's actually nice to learn a few more tidbits about him; at least none of the new information changes the nice guy image we have of him. In fact, it only strengthens it.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 13-03-2011 04:26 PM

(13-03-2011 03:40 PM)YoungHarryFan Wrote:  If you play your cards right, Tea Lady, he might contact you to sort out his insurance!!

Haha, possibly not life cover but if Peter has problems with his easements or there's a bit of adverse possession going on, with his new house, I'm your girl/woman Peter.

Peter has said before that he likes cooking. I'm sure I read that too.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Naivety - 13-03-2011 10:27 PM

(13-03-2011 03:05 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  I'd also like to see him do one of those travel series. Stephen Fry, Michael Palin, Trevor McDonald and Paul Merton have done them...David Suchet went on the Orient Express...so how about PF's favourite sailing trips? PF and Oz Clarke tour some vineyards or distilleries? PF's Yorkshire?

He could do the Grand Tour with Nicola Walker! Smile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Obsession - 15-03-2011 12:04 PM

(13-03-2011 10:27 PM)Naivety Wrote:  
(13-03-2011 03:05 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  I'd also like to see him do one of those travel series. Stephen Fry, Michael Palin, Trevor McDonald and Paul Merton have done them...David Suchet went on the Orient Express...so how about PF's favourite sailing trips? PF and Oz Clarke tour some vineyards or distilleries? PF's Yorkshire?

He could do the Grand Tour with Nicola Walker! Smile

HaHa!! Totally agree with you there Smile