Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Nixie - 24-03-2011 08:59 PM

Would also love to! But from Oz it might need to be for more than "a drink". I have a friend who regularly goes to London to attend "The Professionals" conventions. Do we have any event organisers here who could do a "Spooks" convention? After 9 seasons, I reckon it warrants it! After all, "The Professionals" only had 4 seasons - and those were in the late 70s. Just think, we could have guest appearances from actors/writers/directors past and present, interesting presentations from fans, visits to sites of filming ... Hey, perhaps we could do a 10th anniversary convention?

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 24-03-2011 09:14 PM

A great idea!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - MrsHat - 24-03-2011 11:01 PM

(24-03-2011 08:59 PM)Nixie Wrote:  Would also love to! But from Oz it might need to be for more than "a drink". I have a friend who regularly goes to London to attend "The Professionals" conventions. Do we have any event organisers here who could do a "Spooks" convention? After 9 seasons, I reckon it warrants it! After all, "The Professionals" only had 4 seasons - and those were in the late 70s. Just think, we could have guest appearances from actors/writers/directors past and present, interesting presentations from fans, visits to sites of filming ... Hey, perhaps we could do a 10th anniversary convention?

The trouble with a con is costings, hiring a venue, then you generally need to offer some form of cash incentive to your guests.
Making it central enough for people to get to, somewhere for people to stay fairly close by etc etc

But it's a blooming good idea! Yahoo

RE: Peter Firth #2 - xRuthx - 25-03-2011 12:49 AM

(24-03-2011 08:37 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  Does anyone want to get together in London for a drink towards the end of April (around about the 20th)?

Damn! I'm back in the UK for June/July. Just miss you all Sad

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Nixie - 25-03-2011 01:25 AM

(24-03-2011 11:01 PM)MrsHat Wrote:  The trouble with a con is costings, hiring a venue, then you generally need to offer some form of cash incentive to your guests.
Making it central enough for people to get to, somewhere for people to stay fairly close by etc etc

Ah! Don't rain on my parade! The cool calm voice of reaon Confused

Maybe we can just do a Spooks Forum gathering with a whole lot of activities - anyone have a nice big house and a hospitable nature? Or know of one we can hire? Huh

Nothing ventured, nothing gained ...

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Silktie - 25-03-2011 06:01 AM

Guys, this is the Peter Firth thread. Back on topic please.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 25-03-2011 08:10 AM

(25-03-2011 12:49 AM)xRuthx Wrote:  
(24-03-2011 08:37 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  Does anyone want to get together in London for a drink towards the end of April (around about the 20th)?

Damn! I'm back in the UK for June/July. Just miss you all Sad

Well, then we'll just have to have another get together to celebrate you being here, xRuthx!!! Any excuse for downing a few beers by the side of the river...!!Cool

RE: Peter Firth #2 - YoungHarryFan - 25-03-2011 08:27 AM

If the TV guide is correct, Peter's episode of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit (US TV series) is going to be shown on Wednesday 30th March, 11pm, Channel 5.

Episode name is "Identity". Wasn't Nicola's episode of Law and Order UK last week called Identity or ID??? Spooky powers at work here!!!!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Obsession - 25-03-2011 09:47 AM

I wish I'd already been online before I came over last year... then I could have met you gals as well... I'd love to come over, but I just can't afford it this year...maybe next year Smile

I didn't know Nicola was in Law and Order UK...

Back to Peter... mustn't loose sight of the gorgeous man that makes this thread... Does anyone have a copy of White Angel I could borrow? I don't want to buy something that I might only watch once. If I like it, then I'll buy it.... I could make it worth your while... Smile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 25-03-2011 11:00 AM

(25-03-2011 09:47 AM)Obsession Wrote:  Does anyone have a copy of White Angel I could borrow? I don't want to buy something that I might only watch once. If I like it, then I'll buy it.... I could make it worth your while... Smile

Oh, you won't only want to watch it once, Obsession - Peter's so outstanding in it, you'll want to watch it many times. As I've said in the past, you have to totally ignore the production value - it was made for tuppence ha'penny, and it shows. Plus most of the other actors are pretty bad. Just concentrate on the Firthster!

I'm happy to lend mine to you. PM me your address.
(25-03-2011 08:27 AM)YoungHarryFan Wrote:  If the TV guide is correct, Peter's episode of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit (US TV series) is going to be shown on Wednesday 30th March, 11pm, Channel 5.

I've got to warn you, it's pretty bad (but that sums up the whole series IMHO!!!) ...but Peter plays an interesting character.