Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 25-03-2011 01:42 PM

I think White Angel and Hawking are the two things I'd really like to see PF in. I can get White Angel from Amazon.

I am quite intrigued with Hawking and not only for PF. My budding 10 year old astro/aero-physicist (He hasn't decided yet - lol!) and I are enthralled with Stephen Hawking in general. I think he'd enjoy the bio-pic and I get PF to boot! Its a win-win situation. Yahoo Anyway, I have not been able to find a region 1 DVD to purchase. Suggestions? Reviews?

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 25-03-2011 01:54 PM

(25-03-2011 01:42 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I think White Angel and Hawking are the two things I'd really like to see PF in. I can get White Angel from Amazon.

I am quite intrigued with Hawking and not only for PF. My budding 10 year old astro/aero-physicist (He hasn't decided yet - lol!) and I are enthralled with Stephen Hawking in general. I think he'd enjoy the bio-pic and I get PF to boot! Its a win-win situation. Yahoo Anyway, I have not been able to find a region 1 DVD to purchase. Suggestions? Reviews?

Re. Hawking - I have it, so PM me with your address. I probably should watch it some time...Thud

There's a thread on the Spooks section which is for PF swaps - so any Spook can ask for anything related to PF from other Spooks.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - YoungHarryFan - 25-03-2011 02:11 PM

(25-03-2011 08:27 AM)YoungHarryFan Wrote:  If the TV guide is correct, Peter's episode of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit (US TV series) is going to be shown on Wednesday 30th March, 11pm, Channel 5.
(25-03-2011 11:00 AM)picard1109 Wrote:  I've got to warn you, it's pretty bad (but that sums up the whole series IMHO!!!) ...but Peter plays an interesting character.

Thanks for the warning Picard, I'll give it a go anyway! Peter always seems to pick interesting characters to play, that's why I'll watch anything with him in. Although really struggled to watch "Born of Fire", that was not my cup of sweet tea at all !!!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 25-03-2011 02:34 PM

Oh, try "Burndown" - totally and utterly pants!!!( The boy does look nice in his sheriff's outfit, though...)

And, of course, there's Lifeforce...although to Peter's credit, he keeps his head while all around him are hamming it up like crazy. Patrick Stewart must cringe any time it's mentioned...

What I do recommend is his Highlander episode - he plays a wonderful baddie in that. and his character in Total Recall 2070 is quite interesting, although the series is pretty tedious.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - langley - 25-03-2011 04:28 PM

Wait, he's in an episode of Law & Order:SVU, the American version? I'll have to look for that!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 25-03-2011 04:45 PM

(25-03-2011 04:28 PM)langley Wrote:  Wait, he's in an episode of Law & Order:SVU, the American version? I'll have to look for that!

He sure is! I think I know where you can find it but you'll have to PM me, as I can't post streaming video links on here.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 25-03-2011 08:48 PM

(25-03-2011 02:11 PM)YoungHarryFan Wrote:  Thanks for the warning Picard, I'll give it a go anyway! Peter always seems to pick interesting characters to play, that's why I'll watch anything with him in. Although really struggled to watch "Born of Fire", that was not my cup of sweet tea at all !!!

What on earth was going on in Born of Fire? I didn't understand a darn thing. I think I have to rate it as my least favourite PF film so far, I am sorry to say. It makes Burndown look like an oscar winning film.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 26-03-2011 12:16 AM

BoF certainly is the weirdest thing he's been in...a real trip. It's just so completely bonkers you have to go with it. I found it a bit of a chore, I must admit, though.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - YoungHarryFan - 26-03-2011 11:16 AM

(25-03-2011 02:34 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  What I do recommend is his Highlander episode - he plays a wonderful baddie in that. and his character in Total Recall 2070 is quite interesting, although the series is pretty tedious.

Thanks Picard for the above recommendations, these 2 TV series have passed below my PF radar! I'll keep a look out for them, I guess they're not that easy to find.

(25-03-2011 08:48 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  What on earth was going on in Born of Fire? I didn't understand a darn thing. I think I have to rate it as my least favourite PF film so far, I am sorry to say. It makes Burndown look like an oscar winning film.

Totally agree about Born of Fire, what was it about?? Although, I won't be watching it again to find out! Definitely my least favourite PF film too, sorry Peter.

I didn't mind Burndown too much, he did look cute as the Sheriff Blush Although I think I'd had a few too many glasses of white burgundy whilst watching it!!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 26-03-2011 05:53 PM

(26-03-2011 11:16 AM)YoungHarryFan Wrote:  Thanks Picard for the above recommendations, these 2 TV series have passed below my PF radar! I'll keep a look out for them, I guess they're not that easy to find.

They're not easy to find but I have them. PM me if you want to do some kind of swap.