Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 26-04-2011 05:42 PM

(26-04-2011 04:59 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  
(26-04-2011 04:33 PM)loladom Wrote:  I do wish he'd be a bit more careful about actual details though. i think he is naive to give his daughter's uni details like that in this sick old world of fickle and fake people. The last thing she needs is wierdos latching onto her.

This made me laugh a little bit because I'd just been thinking, blimey my daughter's 19 and at Bristol uni. I wonder if she knows her? I promise not to be a weirdo!!

There's a baby in that picture...? (Runs off to gawk at it for the ump-teenth time...) Oh, lookee there! There's a baby in those arms. Completely missed it the first time.... Silba

As for releasing details about his daughter, I would imagine (hope) that they raised her with enough good judgment to know the difference between weird and sincere. Or at least to be reticent until sure. If anyone knows how to grow into a completely normal adult human being in the spot-light, its PF.

The bit I liked best is how he has not encouraged his children to become actors. lol! I hear ya, Peter!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - pepelow - 26-04-2011 06:12 PM

A few years ago (2006? 2007?) in an article in the 'In the Taxi with ..." series in the Daily Mail, PF mentioned that his eldest son, Rory, wanted to join the acting profession. We haven't seen or heard much of Rory Firth since then, so I guess he's now had a change of heart as to the choice of a day job. As for PF's daughter, I would assume that she's been "outed" as the daughter of an actor long before this recent article was published and that she knows how to handle herself. PF's youngest son doesn't seem to have any trouble telling people about his famous dad. Before the start of Series 7, he went on Facebook and told the world about that explosion in episode 701.

PF does seem to be opening up a lot more about his private life recently. Can't wait to find out who is this strong woman he's in a relationship with. I am not usually that nosy, but clearly this lady has had quite an effect on our man Smile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 26-04-2011 07:14 PM

Thanks Pepelow.

*tries to think of something intelligent to say*

Arms

*tries again to think of something intelligent to say*

Biceps

*tries again*

Shoulders

*and again*

Arms

*gives up*

RE: Peter Firth #2 - lottanyman - 26-04-2011 07:18 PM

Haha...Tea Lady...Wink

Same with me here...I felt really distracted today at work, didn't really get so much done Silba

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 26-04-2011 07:37 PM

the biceps are nice but it's the low-slung jeans and his belly button that float my boat. Oh boy. Silba

(And I really can't figure it out at all...I usually only go for very hairy men...but PF's somethin' else.)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - watchstrap - 26-04-2011 09:04 PM

Oh I am so glad I'm not the only one. I just managed to open the article and switch it to show at 125% so I could oggle the photo in detail when my husband returned from playing badminton.

Tried very hard to remain interested in Mr WS going on about something that happened during the game whilst not keep looking at PF's biceps, hair, lovely singing face, tummy button, the jeans......
Phew, he's gone for his shower now and I can go back and look again at the photo. Nice one Pepelow!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 26-04-2011 09:12 PM

(26-04-2011 07:37 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  the biceps are nice but it's the low-slung jeans and his belly button that float my boat. Oh boy. Silba

(And I really can't figure it out at all...I usually only go for very hairy men...but PF's somethin' else.)

(26-04-2011 09:04 PM)watchstrap Wrote:  Oh I am so glad I'm not the only one. I just managed to open the article and switch it to show at 125% so I could oggle the photo in detail when my husband returned from playing badminton.

Tried very hard to remain interested in Mr WS going on about something that happened during the game whilst not keep looking at PF's biceps, hair, lovely singing face, tummy button, the jeans......
Phew, he's gone for his shower now and I can go back and look again at the photo. Nice one Pepelow!

What's all this about tummy buttons?? Wink

He really doesn't look like he will fit in a shirt in that photo. Everything is so....big!

Watchstrap, just say you are looking at the cute baby. Will Mr WS buy that?

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Goldrush70 - 26-04-2011 09:33 PM

I have to agree with all of these observations ladies! Silba
Did it cross anyone else's mind that he may even be wearing shorts? Thud

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Obsession - 27-04-2011 12:22 AM

Hm... very nice pic. Blush

Although I am sad to realise that his eldest would still be a few years too young for me, and Peter's age at 57 is far too old for me Thud my cut-off is early forties...

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 27-04-2011 02:29 AM

(26-04-2011 06:12 PM)pepelow Wrote:  PF does seem to be opening up a lot more about his private life recently. Can't wait to find out who is this strong woman he's in a relationship with. I am not usually that nosy, but clearly this lady has had quite an effect on our man Smile

His agent, maybe? Wink

If it is, she's doing a really good job. Bless her for setting up that interview and picture!
(26-04-2011 09:33 PM)Goldrush70 Wrote:  Did it cross anyone else's mind that he may even be wearing shorts? Thud

This from the woman who has had her arm around him....

*Sheesh,* Goldrush, it has now!! *(runs back to ogle photo again....*) Big Grin
(26-04-2011 09:12 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(26-04-2011 09:04 PM)watchstrap Wrote:  Oh I am so glad I'm not the only one.

Watchstrap, just say you are looking at the cute baby. Will Mr WS buy that?

No, no no! You tell him that you are admiring the composition of the photo and how the light and shadow compliment each other without detracting from the overall mood of the piece as seen in how the subjects are mirroring each other in a "Yawn of Life" thus illustrating their contrasting yet somehow symbiotic relationship: old-new, young-old, male-female, light-dark, etc. Wink

Works like a charm...Big Grin (And I have been hiding this from Mr AC all evening.Silba)