Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 30-04-2011 07:27 PM

My children still think I watch Spooks because I like Richard Armitage. It would not cross their minds that I am in love with the old guy!!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - langley - 30-04-2011 08:35 PM

Ha Ha DogSoSmall, I started watching Spooks because I was in love with RA, but now I've switched to PF! I'm Ruth's age and my husband is Harry's age, so actually PF is just my type! Age makes no difference to me.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Naivety - 30-04-2011 08:41 PM

I am also Ruth's age and married to a man Harry's age. The age is not important, it's the presence of the man.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 30-04-2011 09:04 PM

I am a few years older than Ruth. Mr TL is a few years younger than Harry. Not quite the same spread but a spread none the less. As we like to say: I'm a old soul and he's a young soul, so we meet in the middle!

However, H/R only have a 17 year spread. A 25-30 year spread I think you'd want to think twice about before getting involved. As originally written, Ruth was supposed to be cast older than NW is and Ruth wound up being. Happy accident!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 30-04-2011 09:20 PM

(30-04-2011 09:04 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I am a few years older than Ruth. Mr TL is a few years younger than Harry.

Are you stealing my husband A Cousin Wink

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 01-05-2011 03:32 AM

(30-04-2011 09:20 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(30-04-2011 09:04 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I am a few years older than Ruth. Mr TL is a few years younger than Harry.

Haha! Oops! Nah - but I'll arm wrestle you for Harry!

That's what I get for checking the Forum in between cleaning chores and typing quickly. Don't know why I did that, except that I stole referring to ones other half as Mr. (enter initials here) from you! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I suppose. Smile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - watchstrap - 01-05-2011 07:57 AM

About 8 years ago I met my best friend in a restaurant and the subject of TV cropped up. 'Nothing decent to watch' I complained. 'Try Spooks, it's got that lovely RPJ in it' she offered. So off I go and watch it (Mr WS is already a normal fan!). Yes RPJ is hot but WHO IS THE OLD GUY?

Smitten ever since Smile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 01-05-2011 09:03 AM

(01-05-2011 03:32 AM)A Cousin Wrote:  
(30-04-2011 09:20 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  

Haha! Oops! Nah - but I'll arm wrestle you for Harry!

You may be sorry A Cousin Wink I used to be in the Girl Guides. They are a pretty mean bunch. Tongue

As for the "old guy" I have always liked Harry. Right from the start. I think people really don't see the age, just the character. If you fall in love with the character, then the age is pretty unimportant. I guess that is to Peter's credit that he has got Harry into so many people's hearts, young and old.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - YoungHarryFan - 01-05-2011 09:27 AM

Old guy, there's no old guy in Spooks!

I'm a similar age to Ruth too and I thought I had successfully convinced Mr YHF that my Spooks obsession was because of RPJ!! It hasn't helped my cause that he hasn't been in it for a while!!

Mr YHF likes history so thought he would like to see "The Battle For Rome", just picking at random the PF episode Silba As soon as Peter appeared on screen he said "Hey, it's your man" Blush oh dear, think I've been well and truly outed from the closet!!!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 01-05-2011 09:41 AM

(01-05-2011 09:27 AM)YoungHarryFan Wrote:  I'm a similar age to Ruth too and I thought I had successfully convinced Mr YHF that my Spooks obsession was because of RPJ!! It hasn't helped my cause that he hasn't been in it for a while!!

Ha ha! I think we have hit on the real problem with killing off the lead characters! Wink