Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Silktie - 18-05-2011 04:16 PM

(15-05-2011 03:02 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  If you have SKY, they are showing "Garden of Redemption" today. It's on channel 149, CBS Drama. It's on again at 7pm tonight.

Is this any good? Does PF have a decent role in it, or is it one of those that you only see him for a few seconds in?

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 18-05-2011 07:17 PM

(18-05-2011 04:16 PM)Silktie Wrote:  
(15-05-2011 03:02 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  If you have SKY, they are showing "Garden of Redemption" today. It's on channel 149, CBS Drama. It's on again at 7pm tonight.

Is this any good? Does PF have a decent role in it, or is it one of those that you only see him for a few seconds in?

Err, well it's ok. It's probably one of his better "minor" rolls. He actually plays the evil Nazi really well which is a bit scary. Can't say I would watch it again but must have been an interesting part for Peter to play.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - richliga - 18-05-2011 08:55 PM

Found this interview with Peter Firth on the net... Im not sure if u have already seen it but in case not i post it here...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/fameandfortune/8376561/Peter-Firth-I-spend-money-beautifully.html

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 19-05-2011 06:25 AM

Thanks, richliga. I've seen this interview before but I very much enjoyed reading it again. Mainly because PF's attitude to money is identical to mine! I can't bear an overly serious, anxious or grasping attitude to money so it makes me like PF all the more for his happy (and of course, to me, sensible) approach.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 21-05-2011 09:33 AM

I was having a trawl through you tube last night and came across "Me and Mrs Jones". I had randomly played a bit of part 10 and was very pleasantly surprised when PF suddenly appeared in a background scene. I hadn't realised he was in it, so I started at part 1 and had a very pleasant evening watching him in Sir Humphrey mode! It was very enjoyable. If anyone is interested, it's shown in ten parts on you tube and is good quality.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - richliga - 21-05-2011 10:25 AM

Thanx..... watched that this morning. is it Tv series or a film?

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 21-05-2011 12:28 PM

I've no idea. Anyone else? I think it must be quite recent.

It made me laugh in the party scenes the way PF kept appearing in the background talking to a different set of people. I could imagine him getting a kick out of stage-managing that! Smile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 21-05-2011 12:42 PM

It's a TV movie, from 2002. I got it on DVD awhile ago - I think it's quite easily available. PF's not in it that much, unfortunately, but I thought it quite an enjoyable film nevertheless.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 21-05-2011 01:50 PM

If you love watching Peter in smart suit and ties, it's a great film Big Grin

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Forever Secret - 21-05-2011 09:04 PM

I just bought White Angel on DVD Wink I have no idea if I'm going to like it, but I've been told Peter is very good in it... Saw some pics from the movie on the PF site, I have to say he looks pretty scary haha Wink His performence in Equus unsettled me too but thats what was so brilliant about it Wink
... *waits patiently*

Annoyed I didn't get to catch "Garden of Redemption" the other day :/
Haha TL *agrees* Peter in a suit, good good Wink