Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 22-05-2011 07:09 AM

I really enjoyed watching PF in both White Angel and Equus. He plays understated psycho incredibly well. Even the word psycho seems wrong. Should be disturbed, or damaged. Anyway, fabulous performances by him. I found the woman in White Angel odd though - very unappealing.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Forever Secret - 22-05-2011 03:11 PM

Looking forward to seeing it Wink

Also just watching PF in his episode of The Vice... his character is interesting to say the least, walking around in a robe *coughs* pretty good haha
Never seen The Vice before but it's actually a pretty good show any way Smile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 23-05-2011 08:18 AM

I rather prefer PF grubby or casual, myself. Wink I think 'shabby chic' suits him very well (and seems to be his own preferred look, in the few photos I've seen of him 'off duty').

DogSoSmall: totally agree with you about the woman in White Angel. I think she's a terrible actor, which didn't help!Undecided

RE: Peter Firth #2 - LV R/H - 23-05-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:DogSoSmall: totally agree with you about the woman in White Angel. I think she's a terrible actor, which didn't help!Undecided

I have that problem with one of the lady's in The Pleasure Principle, not that she's a bad actor, just have never been keen on her.Sad
It really ruins parts of that film for me.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - jacko - 23-05-2011 06:12 PM

Hiya LV R/H. OOOOO don't mention pleasure principal it gives me hot sweats, ha ha. Remember the first time I saw that film all I thought was, WOW thats a fine looking body Mr Firth keeps under those Harry suits.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - LV R/H - 23-05-2011 06:46 PM

Haha, ooh you'll make me blush.

Jacko absolutely no problem with Peter in that film.
Nice to speak to you on here as well as Twitter.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 23-05-2011 10:17 PM

(23-05-2011 06:06 PM)LV R/H Wrote:  
Quote:DogSoSmall: totally agree with you about the woman in White Angel. I think she's a terrible actor, which didn't help!Undecided

I have that problem with one of the lady's in The Pleasure Principle, not that she's a bad actor, just have never been keen on her.Sad
It really ruins parts of that film for me.

If you're talking about Lysette Anthony ("the friend"), then I would have to say she is an atrocious actor! If anyone ever got by on her face (and pout) alone, it is that girl!

(PS With you on the body Wink )

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Forever Secret - 24-05-2011 05:56 AM

She's the one I was thinking of when the words "Bad actor" were mentioned so its pretty obvious if the names not even mentioned and people know who it is haha Wink

Oooh have to to agree with you Jacko about the body hehe Wink

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 24-05-2011 01:20 PM

(21-05-2011 09:33 AM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  I was having a trawl through you tube last night and came across "Me and Mrs Jones". I had randomly played a bit of part 10 and was very pleasantly surprised when PF suddenly appeared in a background scene. I hadn't realised he was in it, so I started at part 1 and had a very pleasant evening watching him in Sir Humphrey mode! It was very enjoyable. If anyone is interested, it's shown in ten parts on you tube and is good quality.

Thanks for the intel, DSS. I stayed up way too late last night to watch it. I told myself that I would only watch half, but it was so sweet a little romantic comedy, that I just kept going. I would not say that it is PF's most challenging work but he had a couple of very nice moments as Benedict's respect for the PM grows. And Keeley Hawes wasn't bad either!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - richliga - 24-05-2011 01:55 PM

I saw The hunt for red october last night... thought that PF had a bigger part in that one so i was quite disappointed that he lasted only 5min... BUT must add that his russian was the best among the other actor´s... (and I can russian...). Exclamation