Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - LV R/H - 24-05-2011 06:43 PM

(23-05-2011 10:17 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  
(23-05-2011 06:06 PM)LV R/H Wrote:  
Quote:DogSoSmall: totally agree with you about the woman in White Angel. I think she's a terrible actor, which didn't help!Undecided

I have that problem with one of the lady's in The Pleasure Principle, not that she's a bad actor, just have never been keen on her.Sad
It really ruins parts of that film for me.

If you're talking about Lysette Anthony ("the friend"), then I would have to say she is an atrocious actor! If anyone ever got by on her face (and pout) alone, it is that girl!

(PS With you on the body Wink )

No i agree about her she is terrible. I actually meant the women with the brown hair who has the dog ( sorry can't remember her name, i try to forget).Wink

(24-05-2011 01:55 PM)richliga Wrote:  I saw The hunt for red october last night... thought that PF had a bigger part in that one so i was quite disappointed that he lasted only 5min... BUT must add that his russian was the best among the other actor´s... (and I can russian...). Exclamation

The amount of times i've tried to catch Peter Firth in that film, I always miss him. Everytime an interview or website mentions that he was in that film, they should have a notice in big letters saying
FIRST 5 MINUTES ONLY. Smile

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 25-05-2011 03:32 PM

(24-05-2011 06:43 PM)LV R/H Wrote:  The amount of times i've tried to catch Peter Firth in that film, I always miss him. Everytime an interview or website mentions that he was in that film, they should have a notice in big letters saying
FIRST 5 MINUTES ONLY. Smile

No wonder I kept missing him! BBC America was playing Red October non-stop for a month and I missed PF every time! I'll bet he got a good paycheck for it though.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Forever Secret - 25-05-2011 04:15 PM

Ahhh just finished White Angel, which arrived in the post this morning.
I actually really loved the film! Thought Peter was brilliant in it as a baddie, his character reminded me of Buffalo Bill in Silence Of The Lambs to be honest,
He did manage to freak me out a little, but that's what made his performance so brilliant, charming yet evil is a great combination! Wink

I know what you mean in The Hunt For Red October, I just about managed to catch Peter in it, he's only a very minor character so blink and you'll miss him Wink

RE: Peter Firth #2 - loladom - 26-05-2011 04:49 AM

Agree about the woman in White Angel. I was almost willing the good dentist to kill her (shame on me) as for the woman in PP, I honestly can't remember any of them, too buys watching the man himself Wink

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Forever Secret - 26-05-2011 06:06 AM

Am I the only one who didn't really mind the woman in White Angel? Tongue
I only got annoyed with the character when she went all "crazy" after they got closer, and then she assumed he' killed her friend.
She wasn't the worlds worst actor though, and even the producers admitted they were surprised to have got PF for the part in such a low budget film Wink

*cough* that erm shower scene... more shirtless PF? Thats The Vice, PP, WA AND Equus now haha! And I'm sure there are more Tongue
Getting stuck with PF in a shower...erm Silba Wink

That scene did scare me along with the scene where he lost his temper, Peter does "Evil" brilliantly,

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 26-05-2011 01:50 PM

Here's some interesting information about PF's involvement in White Angel from The Guerilla Film Makers Handbook.

Below are the pages on which PF is referenced specifically, but the whole process of the making of White Angel is there - sans a couple of pages.

http://books.google.com/books?id=pap7NL-Y1SgC&pg=PA569&lpg=PA569&dq=peter+firth,+agent&source=bl&ots=P9_Hugv9NE&sig=xPB0WZhnv9AJBXpWcpWvQy_wbbk&hl=en&ei=elbeTbrNO-jz0gHsxuWkCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10&ved=0CFMQ6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=peter%20firth&f=false

RE: Peter Firth #2 - jacko - 26-05-2011 02:18 PM

Thanks for that A Cousin really interesting find.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 26-05-2011 06:19 PM

Yes, thanks A Cousin. I thought the director was very generous in his praise of Peter's contributions to the film when he spoke in the commentary on the dvd. He gave a lot of credit to him for making the film into one that was worth watching!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 26-05-2011 07:53 PM

For anyone that missed it a few months back. CBS Drama channel in the UK is repeating That's Life again. Episode 1.1 is on 5 June @ 2pm.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - MandyM15 - 28-05-2011 09:32 AM

I've just uploaded this lovely clip from Series 1 extras http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btfPGroa83M

enjoy!