Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Sparky - 26-06-2011 01:45 AM

Short article on Peter Firth around speculation on Spooks finishing and his plans now that they've finished filmed S10.

http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/255014

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 26-06-2011 01:50 AM

(26-06-2011 01:45 AM)Sparky Wrote:  Short article on Peter Firth around speculation on Spooks finishing and his plans now that they've finished filmed S10.

Thanks for posting that, Sparky. Not the most flattering of photos from that particular shoot - there were many others which were nicer.

Oh, to be in Majorca now!!Silba

RE: Peter Firth #2 - pookster - 26-06-2011 02:23 AM

Thanks for posting and liked the yes, HS reference.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 26-06-2011 08:32 AM

One of the (many) things I love about Peter Firth/Harry Pearce is the way he says "secretary"! It's proper establishment pronunciation and he has to say it so many times it would grate horribly if he got it wrong! I love that PF puts so much into his characterisation that he would never make a mistake of speech or manners as Harry.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Naivety - 26-06-2011 11:53 AM

(26-06-2011 01:45 AM)Sparky Wrote:  Short article on Peter Firth around speculation on Spooks finishing and his plans now that they've finished filmed S10.

Thanks for posting! Smile

If PF is genuinely not sure about whether his contract will be renewed or not, then we should be able to draw the conclusion that he hasn't definitely been killed off. Just a small nugget of comfort to keep me going. Not that I'm worried....Suicida

RE: Peter Firth #2 - picard1109 - 26-06-2011 12:24 PM

That's true, Naivety - leaving it open for a season 11, perhaps, if the audiences ratings are high enough...

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 26-06-2011 12:37 PM

PF is certainly doing his bit to raise the profile of the show. Haven't seen much from anyone else. I do hope the BBC pulls out all the stops advertising S10 nearer the time. If they give it a good programming slot and plenty of hype it would make all the difference. It sounds a little sad describing Peter as "twice divorced and living alone". I'm sure he's not living a sad life at all!!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - beatrice4ruth - 26-06-2011 12:46 PM

(26-06-2011 12:24 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  That's true, Naivety - leaving it open for a season 11, perhaps, if the audiences ratings are high enough...

Does it mean that the ending of S10 is not clear-cut and that there might be a reshoot like in S9? The suspense is killing me... I long for the days when there was no mention of budget cuts.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Forever Secret - 26-06-2011 02:04 PM

*cough* "That’s where I’ll be if the Secret Service need me,” quips the man who quickens the pulse of his female fans each time he purses his lips and utters the phrase “Yes Home Secretary”.
errrrrmmm
Wink Do they know female fans a little too well... Tongue

From that it seems no one is sure if S10 is the last or not, if it is I suppose there would have to be some re-shoots for closure of the last Series, especially concerning Harry is he's the focus of the Series.
But every Series no one is sure if they will return, if the Series doesn't get the viewing figures it needs then I think we should be thinking S10 will be the last,
No one knew until the last minute that there would be a S10 during the time S9 was aired, think Ian Wylie confirmed S10 just as S9 was finishing... *sigh* we shall have to wait and see Wink Peter said he's always the last to know... so I hope he enjoys that time on the boat Wink

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 26-06-2011 02:15 PM

Peter is back teasing us, like with his skinny dipping comments in that Yorshire Post article. Smile

IMO the Express is about as bad as the Mail for talking gibberish.