Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - A Cousin - 26-06-2011 02:42 PM

(26-06-2011 02:04 PM)Forever Secret Wrote:  No one knew until the last minute that there would be a S10 during the time S9 was aired, think Ian Wylie confirmed S10 just as S9 was finishing... *sigh* we shall have to wait and see Wink

If memory serves, the first inkling of a possible S9 came from Ben Stevenson, head of BBC Drama at a press event sometime in October 2010. Which Mr. Wylie was kind enough to pass it on to us. I would not be surprised if they have a similar even this year. Of course, in January 2011, Ben Stevenson had pretty much stated that it was getting the ax. Round and round she goes.... Again. Wink

Mallorca, anyone? Angel

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Silktie - 26-06-2011 03:17 PM

Haha, we should send Bea over there to prise some spoilers out of the poor man.

Maybe you can bribe him with some paella. Wink

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 26-06-2011 04:25 PM

(26-06-2011 03:17 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Haha, we should send Bea over there to prise some spoilers out of the poor man.

Maybe you can bribe him with some paella. Wink

Ha ha, something tells me Bea would be good at this Wink

I don't think this has been posted before (apologies if it has) but found the Press Pack today for White Angel while looking up some stuff on the net. Can't see any direct quotes from Peter in there, but still a fascinating read if you are a fan of the film.

http://www.livingspirit.com/pdf/white%20angel%20press%20pack.pdf

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 26-06-2011 10:12 PM

Thanks for that, Tea Lady, it was a good read. It makes me want to rent the film again. That press photo of PF is very good. Seriously creepy.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - beatrice4ruth - 27-06-2011 12:47 PM

(26-06-2011 12:37 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  PF is certainly doing his bit to raise the profile of the show. Haven't seen much from anyone else. I do hope the BBC pulls out all the stops advertising S10 nearer the time. If they give it a good programming slot and plenty of hype it would make all the difference. It sounds a little sad describing Peter as "twice divorced and living alone". I'm sure he's not living a sad life at all!!

It might be a little sad if he is still looking -or perhaps not- for his Ruth… In a parallel world the devotion of Harry to Ruth must be oddly appealing.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - richliga - 27-06-2011 01:45 PM

(27-06-2011 12:47 PM)beatrice4ruth Wrote:  
(26-06-2011 12:37 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  PF is certainly doing his bit to raise the profile of the show. Haven't seen much from anyone else. I do hope the BBC pulls out all the stops advertising S10 nearer the time. If they give it a good programming slot and plenty of hype it would make all the difference. It sounds a little sad describing Peter as "twice divorced and living alone". I'm sure he's not living a sad life at all!!

It might be a little sad if he is still looking -or perhaps not- for his Ruth… In a parallel world the devotion of Harry to Ruth must be oddly appealing.

Well living alone does not necessarily mean that he IS alone... Wink

RE: Peter Firth #2 - beatrice4ruth - 27-06-2011 02:20 PM

Very true. Perhaps for some women, the line between reality and fiction might become fuzzy re PF and Harry. Lucky man. Now, if only actresses over the age of 40 would get the same adulation from men. That would be a switch.

I do love reading articles about PF. However, except for the articles about PF enjoying fatherhood and helping out young people, I prefer that he protect his privacy. I like to keep my illusions about H/R alive.

From now on, I promise, I’ll talk only about the great acting skills of PF.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - yorkshiretyke - 27-06-2011 02:59 PM

looks like Peter has work!

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/tandem-scott-free-set-cast-for-44-million-miniseries-world-without-end/

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Tea Lady - 27-06-2011 03:04 PM

How cool is this. Great news. Note the "ruthless" comment Tongue

*goes off to buy the book*

RE: Peter Firth #2 - yorkshiretyke - 27-06-2011 03:09 PM

..5 months work and then he can be back to film Spooks 11 !!