Spooks Forum
Peter Firth #2 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Firth #2 (/thread-1506.html)

RE: Peter Firth #2 - HellsBells - 04-02-2011 02:26 PM

I agree that hair is very strange, he looks quite scary. Definitely a little too Hitler-like for me.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - DogSoSmall - 05-02-2011 11:49 AM

Crazy hair. Clearly carefully designed to make PF's naturally kind face a little bit more sinister. I must say I'm glad I've read the book before watching the series. You get a proper feel for the character's motivations. I found Snaith's character in the book quite complex, sympathetic and sad. He is what he is for a reason - as we all are. I will be interested to see, particularly with Peter playing the part, whether they bother to portray this, or whether with only three episodes they won't have the time to explore the motivations of any of the characters in too great a depth. This is why a book is always so very much more fulfilling, and always best read prior to watching an adaptation (unless of course a book is apallingly written - a la Geoffrey Archer - in which case skip the book and stick with the screen!).

RE: Peter Firth #2 - loladom - 05-02-2011 11:00 PM

It's going to be a Spooks actors week! NW is in Being HUman Sun 20th, HN in Outsiders Mon 21st and at some point in the same week is the lovely (but sinister Snaith/PF) Spooks fest!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - yorkshiretyke - 07-02-2011 08:00 PM

Wylie has just put on twitter that he is off to see cast and crew viewing of South Riding...

RE: Peter Firth #2 - MrsHat - 07-02-2011 08:39 PM

He also had a chat with Peter after the screening, awaiting to hear whether there will be a transcript of their little chat

Ian Wylie Wrote:Peter Firth told me "no firm decisions" made about whether Spooks series 10 will be the last. He added: "The thing with Spooks is, you never know." Not a huge part in South Riding but excellent as a Yorkshire blonde.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Forever Secret - 07-02-2011 08:51 PM

Good good Big Grin
So he mentioned Spooks, still no closer to finding out whether S10 will be the last, I still have a feeling it will be the last Series Wink
I'm looking forward to South Riding Smile Not too keen on the Blonde hair though Wink

RE: Peter Firth #2 - MrsHat - 07-02-2011 09:20 PM

Not sure if people know this already, I know I didn't BlushBlush

Ian Wylie Wrote:(Transmission to be) Week Feb 19 - 25. Exact TX confirmed in next day or so.

Cool

RE: Peter Firth #2 - loladom - 08-02-2011 08:30 PM

BBC FINALLY showing a trailer for SR. Still no actual date, just coming soon. PF was in the clip (although only sitting in a chair). If I hadn't seen the pics above, I would never have recognised him! Oh. can't wait now.

RE: Peter Firth #2 - Goldrush70 - 09-02-2011 06:43 PM

Ian Wylie has confirmed that South Riding will start at 9pm on Sunday 20th February on BBC1. Exactly the same time as Nicola's episode of Being Human!

RE: Peter Firth #2 - loladom - 09-02-2011 07:28 PM

(09-02-2011 06:43 PM)Goldrush70 Wrote:  Ian Wylie has confirmed that South Riding will start at 9pm on Sunday 20th February on BBC1. Exactly the same time as Nicola's episode of Being Human!

Aye it's cosmic forces at play....this has to be R&H's year Smile Smile

Of course, that evening I'll be out (typical) so sky plus at the ready!