Spooks Forum
Spy Game Updated - 04/03/2011 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Help & Suggestions (/forum-16.html)
+---- Forum: Spy Game (/forum-31.html)
+---- Thread: Spy Game Updated - 04/03/2011 (/thread-1563.html)

Pages: 1 2

Spy Game Updated - 04/03/2011 - Nitrus - 04-03-2011 11:33 PM

As most of you know I planned to make some changes to the Spy Game and reset it so the game doesn't get old.

Here's a summary of the changes made:

- Security levels can only be increased by getting missions approved. (this is to help me more than anything, I have a degree to do at some point!).

- You will now receive a PM when a mission is approved or rejected. However I cannot give individual reasons for rejection. I just thought you might like to know when your missions are approved/rejected. (The PM is auto-generated)

- There are now leaders for each Agency, the founding member of an Agency automatically becomes the leader. The leader is now the only person who can upgrade security. The leader can also see a list of all agents and remove them individually. A leader cannot Resign from an Agency they can only Disband the agency, causing all agents to become unrecruited including the leader.

- You will now receive a PM when you are recruited by an Agency. The PM will appear to be from the leader but it is auto-generated.

- I have now incorporated double agents into the game, allowing you to still be a member of your true agency but getting access to information from another agency. If you are a double agent you will see this: http://k.min.us/ilBYKa.jpg just above the missions list for your true agency. As you can see it allows you to sabotage the agency. When a double agent's cover is blown their true agency will show up in the list. Leaders, double agents will show up in your list of all agents as normal agents. To be recruited as a double agent just give your agent code to an enemy agent, they will put it in the recruitment box and then you will be a double agent. You can do all of this while still being a member of your true agency. You do not have to resign from your true agency like you did before.

- Leaders cannot be double agents. (I have my reasons)

- I have added expand/collapse buttons to some of the panels on the dashboard. They will allow you to collapse some of the panels to make the dashboard easier to use. (not so much scrolling when loads of agents are blown and/or leaked).

- You can now create a new Agency from the start screen.

I think that covers all the changes, there might be small changes that I've forgotten.

This is a list of things I am working on:

- Allowing the leader to send a PM to all agents regardless of how many there are. This will be done from the dashboard.

- Allowing the leader to resign from their agency and then choose a successor.

The above are things I will eventually do but take quite a bit more time and I didn't want to delay any further.

Please use this thread for questions about the changes and for reporting any bugs or errors you may encounter.

I hope you enjoy the changes because they took me a huge amount of effort to do for you.

Spy on.

EDIT: Something else I forgot to mention. If I catch you using multiple accounts to get into other Agencies your Agency will be docked massive amounts of points. I have added double agent functionality, there is no need to create multiple accounts.

RE: Spy Game Updated - 04/03/2011 - George - 05-03-2011 02:39 PM

Great stuff Nitrus!!!

I am available to be recruited!!

George

RE: Spy Game Updated - 04/03/2011 - picard1109 - 05-03-2011 06:07 PM

Well done Nitrus - I look forward to some interesting times ahead.

I've (re)created the Hidden Dragons. PM me your agent code if you'd like to join.

-picard1109

RE: Spy Game Updated - 04/03/2011 - Kazters - 05-03-2011 06:35 PM

looking forward to getting back into the swing of this loved my agency

RE: Spy Game Updated - 04/03/2011 - Nitrus - 05-03-2011 07:42 PM

Please tell me you're not all going to join the same agencies as last time? Having only 2 agencies is incredibly boring.

RE: Spy Game Updated - 04/03/2011 - Nitrus - 05-03-2011 08:25 PM

I beg of people to start your own agencies.

RE: Spy Game Updated - 04/03/2011 - Kazters - 05-03-2011 08:31 PM

No that wasnt what I meant sorry I meant the whole teamwork thing

RE: Spy Game Updated - 04/03/2011 - Nitrus - 05-03-2011 08:32 PM

It wasn't directed at you Kazters. Smile

RE: Spy Game Updated - 04/03/2011 - picard1109 - 05-03-2011 11:10 PM

Oh, come on people - get a wiggle on and create some more agencies!! Thud

The Hidden Dragons are raring to go Yahoo but where are the rest of you Huh??

RE: Spy Game Updated - 04/03/2011 - Belle - 06-03-2011 09:23 AM

Hi Nitrus,

This may be a dumb question, but is there a way for one agency to see the missions of the others or to know when they solved a specific mission? This to avoid sending in the same type of missions of the ones who have to be solved yet.