Spooks Forum
[spoilers] what is the best series of spooks - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] what is the best series of spooks (/thread-1595.html)

Pages: 1 2

[spoilers] what is the best series of spooks - BAUER24 - 24-03-2011 01:03 PM

As I am a new member of the forum I thought it would be interesting to get peoples views on what has been the best series of spooks to date. I think that it has been series 5. This is because Adam is heavily involved and it intoduces another of my favourit charcters in Ros. I also think the storylines were brilliant

RE: what is the best series of spooks - Belle - 24-03-2011 04:23 PM

I personnaly liked s7 the best (not at all due to the introduction of Lucas Wink) I liked the seperate storylines, but I loved the whole sugerhorse-arc; very spyish, if you ask me. And I think Ros was at her best here (along with s8), I do miss her cinical sense of humour! But I also liked the first few seasons with Tom, Zoe and Danny, though it wasn't as fast paced and flashy as now, I liked the down to earth manner in wich the characters were portraited.

RE: what is the best series of spooks - JHyde - 25-03-2011 03:33 AM

We did already have a thread for this, but it's fine. I am moving it to general discussion though.

RE: what is the best series of spooks - HellsBells - 25-03-2011 02:28 PM

I think I would also have to go for series 7, because the story arc worked rather well. I thought Lucas' introduction was a novel way to bring in a new spook rather than just recruiting from MI6, and Ros came back to the show. Series 8 is also a favourite, with Ruth's return, but the story arc was weaker.

RE: what is the best series of spooks - Silktie - 25-03-2011 04:17 PM

I think season 4 is my choice. It had Adam at its best, my boy Zaf having some good moments, and some fantastic stories. Malcolm and Colin were seen quite a bit, Juliet was introduced and had some wonderful sparring with Harry, and Harry and Ruth were just beginning to realise how much they liked each other. There was a good balance between doom and gloom and some lighter moments, and wonderful friendships between the team members, and Adam/Ruth and Adam/Zaf in particular. It had a real sense of the team being a team.

RE: what is the best series of spooks - Forever Secret - 25-03-2011 08:58 PM

I think Series 2 and 4 are my favourite series. Loved Tom in Series 2 but loved Adam just as much during Series 4 Smile I thought Series 2 had some of the best writting in Spooks as well, 2.5 remains my favourite episode of all time, there was just something about the way it was written that make me want to watch it again and again.
I liked the way that Tom's character became to fall apart, the job becoming too much for him, it's the first time we really got to see one of the team losing themselves.
I loved Series 4 because like Silktie said it was the beginning for Harry and Ruth, those small moments between them were great to watch. And I liked the addition of Zaf and Julliet as well, the stories of the week were also really good and the team began to grow as a unit, it was a more emotional ride too because of losing Fiona and just losing Danny at the end of Series 3 Wink

I'd say Series 7 and 8 were favourites too, with Lucas coming into the Series in S7 with the return of Ros and then of course Ruth coming back in Series 8, I thought S7 had the best Story arc as well with the pretty complicated Sugarhorse haha Wink

RE: what is the best series of spooks - BAUER24 - 27-03-2011 06:12 PM

I have to sgree that series 7 was a brilliant series because of the introduction of Lucas ( who I think a lot of people will agree will be greatly missed.) I just wish that there could have been more episodes with both Adam and Lucas in. This is because I feel that the chemistry between these two was excellent, and that the more they worked together the more that it could have grown and that it would have been even more dramatic when Adam died. Also it might have been interesting to see a love triangle develop between Adam, Ros and Lucas.

RE: [spoilers] what is the best series of spooks - sam b - 17-07-2011 10:17 PM

I think the best series is five, it was the first one i watched which had the most impact

RE: [spoilers] what is the best series of spooks - The Grid - 24-07-2011 10:58 AM

It's hard to choose. Every time I rewatch the DVDs, my favourite series changes but it's a toss up between S3, 4, 5 and 7 for me.

RE: [spoilers] what is the best series of spooks - Nia M - 25-07-2011 10:41 AM

Another one for S7. The introduction of Lucas, the return of Ros, Ros&Lucas making an amazing team, 7.5, Ros and Jo's conversation on the roof, the story arc, the cliffhanger at the end... It was also the first series I saw, which I suppose has a big impact Tongue

I've not seen many of the early series recently though, so when I get around to my rewatch I may well change my mind.