Spooks Forum
What would make you a good spook. - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: What would make you a good spook. (/thread-1608.html)

What would make you a good spook. - zpelland - 26-03-2011 12:03 PM

I just wanted to know what are your ability to become a good agent.

In my case, I would be a great spook because people usually think that I'm quite naive, simple and dumb, but I'm in fact way more intelligent than people think. So people have the tendency to :

1. Believe all my lies
2. Tell me their secrets
3. Being manipulated to do what I want.

So I may look harmless, but I'm quite dangerous.

Do you think this make me a good agent ?

RE: What would make you a good spook. - A Cousin - 26-03-2011 01:24 PM

Absolutely not! I have no verbal edit button, am usually wracked with guilt about something, and I am completely tactless. I'm not joking. It's the truth.... Big Grin

RE: What would make you a good spook. - Belle - 26-03-2011 02:14 PM

I wouldn't be able to control my nerves when I'm doing spy-things; like telling untrue facts or pretending to be somebody else; people do tend to tell me their secrets though, but I guess I would be unable to use those, because I would feel way too guilty for missusing their trust! It seems exciting to be a spy, but I wouldn't make a good one, I would be a terrible one, in fact Smile

RE: What would make you a good spook. - BAUER24 - 27-03-2011 05:59 PM

I would make a great spook because:

1) Im a great liar
2) I have no problem doing things nehind each others backs
3) I know how to inflict physical and psychological pain on people
4) I believe in two sayings ' The end justifies the means' and ' you cant trust your friends and families, but colleagues are ok'

RE: What would make you a good spook. - zpelland - 27-03-2011 07:38 PM

We should team up ! But if we turn against each other it could be ugly !

RE: What would make you a good spook. - picard1109 - 27-03-2011 07:43 PM

(26-03-2011 01:24 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Absolutely not! I have no verbal edit button, am usually wracked with guilt about something, and I am completely tactless. I'm not joking. It's the truth.... Big Grin

So, State Department for you, then, A Cousin?!!!Wink

I'd make a good analyst - I can see 'patterns' in data, and am a natural detective: I go rooting around and mining information to build up a picture. I could probably plan missions for others, too.

Don't think I'd make a good field agent - I have an aversion to being shot, tortured, kidnapped, exiled, raped and blown to smithereens. And I really hate tattoos.

RE: What would make you a good spook. - HellsBells - 28-03-2011 01:37 PM

I'd make a hopeless spook. I awful at lying, can't speak any other language, and mobile phones confuse me. Definitely can't do all that running around.
I guess I would be okay at surveillance because I could easily blend in with a crowd.

RE: What would make you a good spook. - Alex15 - 10-08-2011 07:49 PM

Well...In my case it's difficult to say...
As picard1109 said: I'd probably be constantly scared of someone kidnapping/shooting/torturing me (especially after reading 'the personnel files'), still...
1) I'm really good at languages
2) When I need to lie I'm really convincing at it
3) I'd be good at memorizing all those identities and stuff and wouldn't give myself away while working undercover