Spooks Forum
Tom vs Adam vs Lucas - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Tom vs Adam vs Lucas (/thread-1619.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tom vs Adam vs Lucas - BAUER24 - 03-04-2011 07:53 PM

Just wondering who people's favourite charcter out of tom, adam or lucas is and why?

Series 6 Spoiler: show
Mine is Adam Carter simply because he always seemed to be a calm influence under pressure and he had that caring side that showed that every single member of the team mattered plus anybody related to the mission.( Seasons 6 and 7 Spoiler alerts: For example when Jo was still experiencing flashbacks to being held captive at the end of Season 6, he was there for her because she was a valued colleague)

Dont get me wrong when he needed to be hard he could be and he would do what was neccessary but not at the cost of innocent lives. He also didnt have ( what I percieve) an arrogant streak unlike Tom. He was a better leader then Lucas ( Season 9 spoiler) because he never let himself be manipulated by outside influences. (Season 7 spoiler alert) Overall the best section chief that the programme has had. RIP ADAM CARTER

RE: TOM VS ADAM VS LUCAS - Kazters - 03-04-2011 08:14 PM

It's Adam for me to then Tom then Lucas. I liked the dynamic of Adam having the family

RE: Tom vs Adam vs Lucas - Nitrus - 03-04-2011 08:17 PM

Please do not post threads with all CAPS titles and please use spoiler tags properly. You will not be asked again. Thanks. Smile

RE: Tom vs Adam vs Lucas - aintthatpeachy - 03-04-2011 08:49 PM

It's a tough one between Adam and Tom, I think Adam got the best story lines so that swayed it for me. Lucas got irritating after a while.

RE: Tom vs Adam vs Lucas - watchstrap - 04-04-2011 01:12 PM

Yay, a chance to say how much I like Adam. He doesn't get much of a mention on any of the forums and I can't work out why. Adam was the main man (apart from Harry) when I started watching back in Series 3, so holds a special place in my heart. I especially loved that he came to the series with a massive back story which we got to see from the start so he seemed a well rounded character.

RE: Tom vs Adam vs Lucas - HellsBells - 05-04-2011 01:28 PM

It has to be Lucas. I like my heroes to be slightly vulnerable and human, so Lucas would be my first choice closely followed by Tom. Adam was far too strong and competent, just too perfect?

RE: Tom vs Adam vs Lucas - xRuthx - 05-04-2011 09:49 PM

Mine's a tie between Lucas and Tom- Adam got to be an annoying smug git in the end imo.

Series seven and eight Lucas was my favourite but then series nine Lucas happened and Tom was a steady sort of guy- you could rely on him if you were in his team. Also, his exit was the best one.

RE: Tom vs Adam vs Lucas - WhiteSwan - 05-04-2011 10:47 PM

My favourite is Lucas - because he is both strong and vulnerable, because he is courageous and heroic with strong moral values, but also has his flaws and weaknesses.
As I only started watching Spooks with series 7 I can't say anything about Tom and not a lot about Adam. Only that in my opinion Lucas and Adam were just great together!

RE: Tom vs Adam vs Lucas - dalia - 07-04-2011 09:01 AM

Even if I started to watch Spooks some years ago because of Richard Armitage, being a fan of him, I immediately started to love the series itself and watched it from the beginning then. And after seeing all the seasons, I must vote for Adam. There was everything in his character, he was an excellent agent, good and friendly colleague who cared for his colleagues and was reliable. He was a complex character with a believable and interesting past, loving father and husband, but had his weaknesses as well. His psychological problems were well presented and even so I had always the feeling he´s a man of firm principles. The best Section Chief for me.

RE: Tom vs Adam vs Lucas - mdwfan - 12-04-2011 06:40 AM

Adam then Tom then Lucas. The small snippets of Adam and Wes showed the human side that typically gets short shrift in shows of this nature. Plus, he's quite the good looking chap!