Spooks Forum
"Double post" - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Help & Suggestions (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: "Double post" (/thread-1634.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

"Double post" - BoHenley - 20-04-2011 10:17 PM

I'm having trouble when posting to the forum. I keep getting this message:

"Please correct the following errors before continuing:
•You are trying to post a message too quickly after posting a previous message. Please wait 16 more seconds."

I'm not posting twice, so I don't understand why I keep getting this. It seems to be when using the "Quick Post" box.

Can anyone advise me please? Is anyone else finding this? I'm using Internet Explorer 9.

RE: "Double post" - Nitrus - 20-04-2011 10:37 PM

It's not when you post a double post or post twice in the same thread. It's because there is a 30 second time limit between posts anywhere in the forum.

So you go to Thread A and make a post, you have to wait 30 secs before you're able to post anywhere else on the forum.

It's a technique to help reduce spam.

RE: "Double post" - BoHenley - 20-04-2011 10:41 PM

I understand the logic, but I'm not trying to post anywhere else. This message comes up the instant I hit the "post reply" button.

RE: "Double post" - BoHenley - 20-04-2011 10:41 PM

I understand the logic, but I'm not trying to post anywhere else. This message comes up the instant I hit the "post reply" button.

RE: "Double post" - Nitrus - 22-04-2011 12:11 PM

Yes but before you hit the post reply button, had you very recently posted elsewhere?

RE: "Double post" - Naivety - 22-04-2011 05:03 PM

BoHenley, are you double clicking, because it looks as though the first click is posting and then the second one is getting the error message.

RE: "Double post" - BoHenley - 22-04-2011 09:50 PM

No (to Nitrus) and No to Naivety. I click only once, and the mouse isn't set up for a "double click" interpretation. As no-one else has this problem, it's either a combo of IE and Vista, or it's an anomoly. I haven't tried it in Firefox, mostly 'coz I don't like that program except for downloading stuff.

I can get around it if I use "quote" or "new reply." Thanks anyway.

(Added edit) It's just done it again and I deliberately made sure I didn't double-click. Odd.

RE: "Double post" - Nitrus - 22-04-2011 10:03 PM

What version of IE are you using?

RE: "Double post" - BoHenley - 22-04-2011 10:15 PM

Internet Explorer 9 [waiting 16 seconds...]

RE: "Double post" - Nitrus - 26-04-2011 08:39 PM

Then I don't know what to suggest I'm afraid. Sorry. Sad