Spooks Forum
Hi there - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: New Personnel (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Hi there (/thread-1639.html)

Pages: 1 2

Hi there - HarryPearceSpy - 25-04-2011 07:21 AM

Hi everyone, I'm a fan of Spooks from the USA. I've been watching it on PBS and have thus far gotten through series 1-7 (completely). I'm midway finished with series 8 at this time. Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the show and am glad to have found this forum!

RE: Hi there - Tea Lady - 25-04-2011 11:59 AM

Welcome HPS Smile

Lucky you, having some episodes still to watch. Enjoy.

RE: Hi there - A Cousin - 25-04-2011 02:38 PM

Welcome Harry Pearce Spy and my compatriot!

You are lucky to get through S8 in the US. My affiliate can't seem to get past S6. Who am I to complain about constant reruns of S1-6? Cool I keep hounding them anyway. And purchasing DVD's. Smile

RE: Hi there - Beatriz - 25-04-2011 02:51 PM

Welcome to the forum! Smile

RE: Hi there - Silktie - 25-04-2011 04:11 PM

Hello there, and welcome to SF. Have fun on the forum!

RE: Hi there - HarryPearceSpy - 25-04-2011 06:14 PM

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the warm welcome!

(25-04-2011 02:38 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Welcome Harry Pearce Spy and my compatriot!

You are lucky to get through S8 in the US. My affiliate can't seem to get past S6. Who am I to complain about constant reruns of S1-6? Cool I keep hounding them anyway. And purchasing DVD's. Smile

A Cousin- I guess PBS is showing them at different rates/speeds at different affiliates. I'm always wondering when my affiliate will go back to season 1. Huh Is there a reason why different affiliates are showing them at different rates?

How are you liking the DVDs? I recently checked out the series 7 DVD just to see what kinds of special features are on there. I haven't got around to it yet though.

RE: Hi there - HellsBells - 26-04-2011 01:50 PM

Hello HarryPearceSpy, and welcome to the forum.

RE: Hi there - BAUER24 - 27-04-2011 01:35 PM

Welcome HarryPearceSpy!

Quick question for you: Are you a fan of 24? If so do you think spooks is better then 24? I always used to think of spooks as a poor man's 24 . But the more I watch, the more I realize that spooks is so much better!

Have you voted on my poll as to who is better-Tom,Adam or Lucas?

Its posted under chacter discussions

RE: Hi there - HarryPearceSpy - 27-04-2011 07:52 PM

(27-04-2011 01:35 PM)BAUER24 Wrote:  Welcome HarryPearceSpy!

Quick question for you: Are you a fan of 24? If so do you think spooks is better then 24? I always used to think of spooks as a poor man's 24 . But the more I watch, the more I realize that spooks is so much better!

Hi Bauer24! Thanks for the welcome. I'm a fan of 24 and I like both shows. Similar to you, when I first watched it, I found it to be very similar to 24, but liked 24 more at the time (coincidentally, this was during 24's last season too). Nevertheless, as I watched more I began liking Spooks more. There's just something about it that makes it seem better to me- probably the fact that it depends less on action (though it has a lot of it) and more on various aspects of spying and other intelligence activities. It also has its own unrealistic aspects- like 24- but I also find Spooks to be more realistic than 24 in some ways, especially how you never know when a character will die in Spooks (in 24 you always knew Jack Bauer would live).

I haven't voted yet. I will do so shortly. Thanks for letting me know about it.

How did you find out about Spooks by the way? I was looking at TV listings and saw "MI-5" on PBS. Once I saw that I was like "Hmm- quite an interesting name for a show! I'll go check it out!" Cool I've been hooked ever since. Smile

RE: Hi there - BAUER24 - 27-04-2011 09:27 PM

(27-04-2011 07:52 PM)HarryPearceSpy Wrote:  
(27-04-2011 01:35 PM)BAUER24 Wrote:  Welcome HarryPearceSpy!

Hi Bauer24! Thanks for the welcome. I'm a fan of 24 and I like both shows. Similar to you, when I first watched it, I found it to be very similar to 24, but liked 24 more at the time (coincidentally, this was during 24's last season too). Nevertheless, as I watched more I began liking Spooks more. There's just something about it that makes it seem better to me- probably the fact that it depends less on action (though it has a lot of it) and more on various aspects of spying and other intelligence activities. It also has its own unrealistic aspects- like 24- but I also find Spooks to be more realistic than 24 in some ways, especially how you never know when a character will die in Spooks (in 24 you always knew Jack Bauer would live).

I haven't voted yet. I will do so shortly. Thanks for letting me know about it.

How did you find out about Spooks by the way? I was looking at TV listings and saw "MI-5" on PBS. Once I saw that I was like "Hmm- quite an interesting name for a show! I'll go check it out!" Cool I've been hooked ever since. Smile

I got into Spooks as a result of 24 finishing and missing that spy programme in my life. Also I found out that Richard Armitage was going to be in it and I have always liked whatever he has been in