Spooks Forum
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes #2 (current) - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes #2 (current) (/thread-1712.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes #2 (current) - Silktie - 26-06-2011 03:10 PM

(26-06-2011 02:07 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Thanks for the pics Goldrush. Smile

Oh I do love that car......even more with Mr Firth leaning all over it. Smile

Yeah, nice rear-end.

The car's, I mean...Silba

Apparently MI5 is not blighted by budget cuts if they can have such nice pool cars!

I think it is young master Max in those photos. Good to see him out and about, getting in on the action.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes #2 (current) - lottanyman - 26-06-2011 05:00 PM

(26-06-2011 03:10 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Yeah, nice rear-end.

lol Wink Yes of course!! Apparantly it was a little windy! Thanks to that the view on the rear-end is even betterSilba

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes #2 (current) - Goldrush70 - 26-06-2011 05:04 PM

(26-06-2011 01:55 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Oooohhhh, good pics! Thank you GoldRush!

PF is clearly talking to Bahart Nalluri in the cap in pic #2.

Is that Max Brown in the blue suit with longer hair? I notice that he's wearing the same suit in both pics two weeks apart. Budget cuts or same episode?

Lara Pulver looks TINY!

You're welcome! Yes, it's definitely Bharat in the cap, and Max in the blue suit. On a slightly unrelated note, I have now identified Julian Holmes, so I will see if I can find a picture as he's not who I thought he was!

The shoot last Sunday was a continuation of the scene that they were shooting two weeks beforehand, so they were all dressed in the same clothes.

Lara Pulver is indeed very petite!

(26-06-2011 02:07 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Thanks for the pics Goldrush. Smile

Oh I do love that car......even more with Mr Firth leaning all over it. Smile

Oh yes, same here! I have a fondness of Audis anyway, but Mr Firth most definitely adds a certain something....Wink

(26-06-2011 03:10 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Yeah, nice rear-end.

Tongue Indeed, lol.

Quote:Apparently MI5 is not blighted by budget cuts if they can have such nice pool cars!

I think Peter liked it so much, he was driven around the block in it a couple of times before going home. Very nice car!

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes #2 (current) - lottanyman - 26-06-2011 09:10 PM

I haven't yet said thanks for posting the pictures Goldrush70, only made a cheeky comment on them earlier! Peter Firth and Max Brown and also Lara Pulver and the car really look mighty fine!

I actually have some general questions on the filmings and as you seem to have seen them at least twice you also seem to be the best target to ask Wink. Or maybe others can answer this too.

How many people have "usually" been there to watch a scene to be filmed and did you actually ask the crew if you could watch it or did you just stick around hoping not to be in the way?
Did the crew recognise you when you'd seen filming before?
I'm just asking because from the info you could gather on Twitter or through the forum (well more on Twitter actually) it seemed that there were some kind of "regulars" who were able to watch several scenes being filmed. Did the crew wonder where information on the locations came from? In case they said anything on this at all I mean.

And finally, from seeing a scene can you actually make any sense of this and get an overall view on what will happen in the episode? Or from seeing several scenes can you imagine something on the general storyline?
I mean I know that filming worth of a few hours will be condensed to minutes in the actual episode or this special scene may even be cut totally but do you already have some ideas what will happen just through viewing the scenes? (without telling what of course!!)

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes #2 (current) - Goldrush70 - 26-06-2011 11:38 PM

(26-06-2011 09:10 PM)lottanyman Wrote:  I haven't yet said thanks for posting the pictures Goldrush70, only made a cheeky comment on them earlier! Peter Firth and Max Brown and also Lara Pulver and the car really look mighty fine!

Lol, you're most welcome!

Quote:How many people have "usually" been there to watch a scene to be filmed and did you actually ask the crew if you could watch it or did you just stick around hoping not to be in the way?

For the Wood St shoot (where these pictures are from) there was quite a gathering of fans and passers-by too, as it had been made widely known on Twitter that they would be filming there. Also, with it being on a weekend, more people could get there.

On a couple of other occasions, when I've been able to follow Twitter 'intel' and make it to London to see filming, there were far fewer people watching (maybe 2 or 3 fans). It also depends on the location. If it's a fairly quiet street/location, then only a couple of people would be there, but for Trafalgar Square or popular public places, obviously there is a lot of interest generated and you get a fair bit of interest from the general public who stop to watch.

I usually tried to ask someone from the crew if it was okay to watch, apart from Trafalgar Square which was such a huge and busy shoot. I don't think I spoke to any of the crew that day!

Quote:Did the crew recognise you when you'd seen filming before?
I'm just asking because from the info you could gather on Twitter or through the forum (well more on Twitter actually) it seemed that there were some kind of "regulars" who were able to watch several scenes being filmed. Did the crew wonder where information on the locations came from? In case they said anything on this at all I mean.

A few started to recognize me, yes. Also, some fans had been regulars from previous seasons. The crew were always very welcoming and friendly. They did ask how we found out where they would be, and the answer was usually that a member of the public had posted about it on Twitter!

Quote:And finally, from seeing a scene can you actually make any sense of this and get an overall view on what will happen in the episode? Or from seeing several scenes can you imagine something on the general storyline?
I mean I know that filming worth of a few hours will be condensed to minutes in the actual episode or this special scene may even be cut totally but do you already have some ideas what will happen just through viewing the scenes? (without telling what of course!!)

You can learn quite a lot about the scene you're watching, but not really about the general storyline. The Wood St shoot reveals a major spoiler about a character (not main cast), for example, and was action-based. In contrast, others shoots would just be walking and talking scenes. Sometimes, the crew would also give little snippets of information which were often rather intriguing! I don't feel I've been significantly spoiled though, and experiencing the filming process has really added to my enjoyment of the show. I can't wait to see these scenes play out on screen in Season 10!

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes #2 (current) - lottanyman - 27-06-2011 10:04 AM

Thanks so much again for your replies Goldrush!! It's so nice to hear that the crew actually was so appreciative of the fans being there and it's really great for you to having been able to watch them several times.

I really do envy you a little bit, although at least I can say that I could glimpse a little (but only a very little) bit of filming myself when I was in London 4 weeks ago visiting a friend.
This was the day when they were in Camden and I literally ran into them when I popped out of the hotel I was staying in to go round the corner and buy some toothpaste (I tend to forget at least one thing and usually find this quite annoying but this was the first time I was really glad about my habit of forgetting stuff at home Wink ).
Unfortunately it started to rain and I also didn't really dare to ask if I could watch so I just stood there for a few minutes and then went on. Now of course I'm a bit angry with myself and my silly reserve and shyness after hearing that they have always been quite nice and welcoming.

But no matter what, I'm also really really looking forward to series 10 and reading your stories and seeing the pictures is increasing my anticipation immensely!!!

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes #2 (current) - Goldrush70 - 27-06-2011 05:47 PM

(27-06-2011 10:04 AM)lottanyman Wrote:  Thanks so much again for your replies Goldrush!! It's so nice to hear that the crew actually was so appreciative of the fans being there and it's really great for you to having been able to watch them several times.

I really do envy you a little bit, although at least I can say that I could glimpse a little (but only a very little) bit of filming myself when I was in London 4 weeks ago visiting a friend.
This was the day when they were in Camden and I literally ran into them when I popped out of the hotel I was staying in to go round the corner and buy some toothpaste (I tend to forget at least one thing and usually find this quite annoying but this was the first time I was really glad about my habit of forgetting stuff at home Wink ).
Unfortunately it started to rain and I also didn't really dare to ask if I could watch so I just stood there for a few minutes and then went on. Now of course I'm a bit angry with myself and my silly reserve and shyness after hearing that they have always been quite nice and welcoming.

But no matter what, I'm also really really looking forward to series 10 and reading your stories and seeing the pictures is increasing my anticipation immensely!!!

You're welcome. I was so delighted to be able to experience it, especially as this may well be the final season of course.

I love your toothpaste story! That's great that you at least got a taste of filming. I think I saw a couple of pictures posted from that shoot - with Peter and Lara? It's a shame that the rain came when it did. It is a bit daunting to actually approach anyone in that situation, especially the first time, so I definitely understand your feeling reserved. I was so nervous on the Albert Embankment when I first met the crew and Peter, but they all put me at ease so nicely. I don't think I've quite known butterflies like it in recent years!

I'm glad I've helped to increase the anticipation for you! I guess the next couple of months might be quite quiet, so it all helps in the build up to Sept/Oct. I'm so excited to even see the first trailers! Wink

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes #2 (current) - lottanyman - 27-06-2011 08:14 PM

(27-06-2011 05:47 PM)Goldrush70 Wrote:  I love your toothpaste story! That's great that you at least got a taste of filming.
Thanks Blush If there is one advantage of this than it's that I have at least one "souvenir" from any trip I've made that's really useful and not collecting dust on the shelf afterwards...

Quote:I think I saw a couple of pictures posted from that shoot - with Peter and Lara?
Yes, it was with Peter and Lara though the pictures must have been from earlier in the day as this was a different street I think. I saw them in Burton Street (checked the name out again the next day) where they were filming in front of a house entrance.

And even though I've not been very near to them I can relate to your butterflies feeling!! I was quite perplexed to see them just around my hotel, after all I truly had not expected to see them on my visit to London.

One of the crew was passing me by and saw my stunned face (which both was from seeing them and actually looking for a shop nearbyWink) and she said very nonchalantly that they were "just" filming a series for the BBC and made a face as if this was all really uninteresting!!!

I also expect it to be rather quiet from now on and I'm already thinking of how to bridge the time until the autumn. Maybe I'll eventually get around reading the piles of books that are still lying around here...

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes #2 (current) - Goldrush70 - 29-06-2011 12:08 AM

(27-06-2011 08:14 PM)lottanyman Wrote:  Thanks Blush If there is one advantage of this than it's that I have at least one "souvenir" from any trip I've made that's really useful and not collecting dust on the shelf afterwards...

Yes indeed! Memories are the best souvenirs. Smile

Quote:Yes, it was with Peter and Lara though the pictures must have been from earlier in the day as this was a different street I think. I saw them in Burton Street (checked the name out again the next day) where they were filming in front of a house entrance.

Thanks for the info. I would have possibly tried to make it there myself that day, but I was at Wembley Stadium seeing my team lose the play-off final! The rain later in the day reflected our mood. In hindsight, I would have much rather gone to see some more filming, lol. Undecided

Quote:And even though I've not been very near to them I can relate to your butterflies feeling!! I was quite perplexed to see them just around my hotel, after all I truly had not expected to see them on my visit to London.

One of the crew was passing me by and saw my stunned face (which both was from seeing them and actually looking for a shop nearbyWink) and she said very nonchalantly that they were "just" filming a series for the BBC and made a face as if this was all really uninteresting!!!

I can definitely relate. I'm sure it's just all in a day's work for the crew, but to us it is something truly fascinating, especially when it is your favourite show!

Quote:I also expect it to be rather quiet from now on and I'm already thinking of how to bridge the time until the autumn. Maybe I'll eventually get around reading the piles of books that are still lying around here...

Same here. I may tackle Ken Follett's 'World Without End' which is a huge book, as I'm keen to learn about the story and a certain Earl Roland. Wink

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes #2 (current) - Bradshawww - 08-07-2011 08:35 PM

I don't suppose anyone knows if they'll be filming in London on July 15th? I say this because I'm a massive fan of the show (as we all are!) and currently reside in Birmingham. I'm in the capital on the 15th and it'd be great to have a sneaky look!