Spooks Forum
Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? (/thread-193.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - RoninExec - 20-09-2009 11:49 AM

Which one made thes comment ? Landers ? Manningham ?

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - almh - 20-09-2009 01:20 PM

Jonathan Evans, current head

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - RoninExec - 20-09-2009 03:42 PM

I see.

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - ausfan - 25-09-2009 01:18 PM

Slap a D notice on it and it will never make the press.

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - RoninExec - 25-09-2009 02:26 PM

Thud

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - almh - 25-09-2009 06:46 PM

Seriously? How can they do that? Do they have an F-notice as well? And a S-notice?

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - endorwitch - 29-09-2009 07:14 AM

Thanks Spooks forum - i know new things. I had to look up what a D notice was! And hey we have them in oz too!

Anyhoo I am sure it happens to a certain degree but in this day and age it must be tricky to do so with every man and his dog carrying a phone to take pictures or video. And media outlets saying 'send us your photos or video' or people just loading stuff on sites like Youtube themselves.

This thread reminds me - the news report you see about the explosion in season 7 ep 1....no credit for Adam getting it away from other people (is that vague enough?? just in case there are folks who havent seen season 7). That made me cranky!!! I suppose thats the nature of the job but still....hurrumph!!!!!

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - ausfan - 29-09-2009 07:32 AM

Yeah Aus and the UK use them.
Wouldnt matter if the public send in pics. they are always checked by editors before being published. I would think youtube would have a similiar policy.

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - HellsBells - 29-09-2009 10:13 AM

But you can't control information leaking out any more these days, just look at all the images that came out of Iran recently concerning their elections. Not even that country could prevent people sharing information over the web.
But I am sure the press do support the security services, like when Prince Harry went to Iraq.

RE: Spooks = Reality... Sort of? - RoninExec - 11-10-2009 10:03 AM

Then it's the Royal Family who got the soft touch from the press, not the Security Services. Those are fair game no matter what.